It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Overall I don't like our chances here.

Rodgers has had our number his whole career and while I expect at least 4 sacks I think they get Adams against Vildor and Shelly, and that makes for a BIG game for him. Their defense is far from imposing but our offense is even further from scary too. Lets see if we are still really one dimensional or if we can pass the ball. If not it won't matter, we will still be behind come garbage time.

Packers win, 24-13

You said something similar before the Raiders game and you were wrong. Here's to hoping you're wrong again

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Problem with your analogy is letting him play "full speed" could get him killed. I am not interested in him getting sacked 9 times again; that's how you ruin a QB if you expose him to this type of abuse over and over and over.

The last three games have shown he can be protected much better by the scheme we are currently running though.

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

I don't know stats on GB's current defense, but under their old DC (who's now working for us) the Pack was in Nickel or Dime more than anyone in the NFL...... If they maintain that, we should be successful controlling the game running offensively.

Against us I don't see why the Packers wouldn't be in base for most downs. We do little to threaten a team vertically so the safeties can sit back and the LBs can focus on Williams/Herbert and squat in zone. I'd never touch a dime package and wouldn't be in nickel unless it was 3rd and 6+ (or if they went 4 wide)

That being said, every coach wants to be the next genius it seems so why be logical. lol

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The last three games have shown he can be protected much better by the scheme we are currently running though.

I think you mean the last 2 games, and in those two games we had a run-pass ratio of almost 2:1 (76 to 41).

I get what you're saying  but "full speed" in this instance might be max protect deep shots of PA.

Hah. As a Packers fan, I must hate the Bears as you Bears fans hate us. It's just how it has to be. But I must say, I hate you with the utmost RESPECT for you and your franchise and cherish what always has been the greatest rivalry in the NFL. Fyi, our secondary is depleted so that scares the crap out of me going into this game. May the best team win on Sunday and not due to crap calls!!!

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, The_Romen said:

35-17 Pack.

Bears can't keep up with AR and the D can't stop Adams and Jones. Couple late touchdowns make it look better.

I tend to agree.  I don't know if we score 30 against your very good defense but I think we may hold your offense to 20 or under even with being depleted at CB.

I have no hate for the Bears, kind of like them.  Hate the Vikings!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Hah. As a Packers fan, I must hate the Bears as you Bears fans hate us. It's just how it has to be. But I must say, I hate you with the utmost RESPECT for you and your franchise and cherish what always has been the greatest rivalry in the NFL. Fyi, our secondary is depleted so that scares the crap out of me going into this game. May the best team win on Sunday and not due to crap calls!!!

because of you twats i can't enjoy the colors green and yellow (yes yellow, not gold) the way i want to be able to

respectfully, of course