It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Sure maybe you're right but presumably Daboll is going to want to go to a franchise with a young & talented QB. I don't see many other teams out there that will compete against Bears for that unless the Jags also fire Urban Meyer.

This upcoming draft doesn't look too strong for QBs. I wouldn't rank any of them even close to Fields.

Also for as much as we rag on the McCaskey ownership group, one thing is certain, they usually give their head coaches more than a fair shot before moving on from them

That stability goes a long way for prospective head coaches.

As for Pace I'm indifferent on whether he stays or goes. He's done some nice things as Bears GM but he's also had his fair alottment of time to do better than what he has and GMs don't usually get three cracks at hiring a HC.

If getting someone like Daboll means Pace has to go then so be it. Then hopefully they can get someone from the Bills FO to join him 

I completely agree with you on everything here...Jacksonville are my concern as well...

I would be more than happy to get rid of Pace and bring Joe Schoen from Buffalo or even Dan Morgan from Carolina in at GM if it mans getting Daboll...he is the clear cut #1 HC candidate out there right now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You're right that he has every right to talk trash but to say he enjoys this rivalry is kind of insulting lol. It hasn't been much of a rivalry at all since Lovie, Urlacher and the boys left. It's just been a straight up *** whooping

Fair enough. Historically it has been a rivalry, just not recently. 😂

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

If Pace doesn't go then the Bears are going to continue the mediocrity.

Maybe, yeah. That's a hard point to argue against. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

This upcoming draft doesn't look too strong for QBs. 

Depends who declares, right? (This off the top of my head. Not looking it up.) 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Depends who declares, right? (This off the top of my head. Not looking it up.) 

I'm with topwop on this. I do think this class is very weak IMO which was sort of the crux I've battled with.

I initially thought we might end up drafting Lance or Trask at 20, and I don't think either of them are going to be very good (which is why I wanted to go in another direction), but I was "okay" with the pick because I didn't see either of them be ready. Meaning we would have to roll with Dalton for the first half of the season and by then we would be damn near out of the playoff picture and I was I fine with this because this meant letting Pace and Nagy falling on their own swords (Dalton/Foles) and it would get them fired. THEN in 2022 we could start from scratch. A new GM who hires his own HC. A new HC who hires his own staff. And a new staff who corroborates together to throw out ideas on which QB to take in 2022, 

The problem with this idea goes back to my initial concern.....the 2022 class is not very strong IMO. So in this scenario, we most likely end up another Grossman type QB and spend the next 4 years building around a QB not worth building around.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. So much for being humble, right there is why I loathe the packers and their fans. I can’t wait until they no longer have a hall of fame quarterback and shut the eff up. I think we all saw what a “great” organization they are after Barr ended Rodgers season and they had a mere mortal at QB. Act like you’ve been there before and have some class

I'll dare post a reply to this as an enemy Packers fan. I figured there'd be some Bears fans riled up about Rodgers comment. Initially, I thought similar--Rodgers being cocky, cocking off, when he should just be humble. He can be cocky, no doubt. But then just seeing the look on his face, the exuberation, it didn't appear mean-spirited, it sort of appeared to me like a kid playing backyard football, scoring on his best friend. Like it was 12 yr old Rodgers and Urlacher going at it, jawing off at each other all game, and Rodgers just happened to get the best of it on the play, on that day. In the presser, Rodgers claimed he saw a female Bears fan in the front row giving him a "double Bird", which is hilarious. That's a Bears fan. Haha. So he just responded. Maybe he is lying about that, but I don't think so. Maybe it's just my bias. I do know he loves playing your Bears. He appreciates the rivalry. As do I. Yes, doing so well against the Bears for the past 30 years makes that easier, no doubt. And no doubt you hate it. But I also remember when the Bears dominated the Packers from the 70's through the 80's. I regretted the childish, thuggish Forrest Gregg era, but Starr before and Infante afterwards kept things relatively classy. Again, I understand how Bears fans, especially younger ones who didn't live through the 70's and 80's when the Bears dominated, would be perturbed at Rodgers antics. But for some of us, it was just a playful jawing of someone who actually cherishes and respects this historic rivalry. I will admit, I am supposed to hate the Bears, but I really don't. Never did. (I reserve true hate for the Vikings.) I respect the heck out of the Bears, and appreciate our mutual history. No doubt, when Rodgers is done with the Packers, the Bears will have ascended--Fields is going to be a great QB. The Bears will come to an era of dominance again. And as one Bears fan said, when that happens, I would hope that Fields jaws at the Packers fans in the front row giving him the bird after he scores a touchdown. That's all in good fun. That's part of the fun of the rivalry--like a 12 yr old Rodgers and Urlacher going at it in the back yard.

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 4

Rodgers mouthing off to the Bears?  Talk about a stupid thing to do.  It's like walking up to a sleeping grizzly and poking it with a stick.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!  Doesn't he realize he will be facing that Bears defense again this year?  That's the kind of thing the players on the Bears defense are going to have posted and hanging in their lockers until the day they get the chance to play him again.  Those are words the arrogant one will live to regret. 

Another thing he needs to remember is that Justin Fields won't always be a green rookie when the Packers play the Bears in the future.  Rodgers better enjoy that situation while he can, because it is going to change drastically each time he encounters the Bears.  I, for one, am looking forward to that!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I completely agree with you on everything here...Jacksonville are my concern as well...

I would be more than happy to get rid of Pace and bring Joe Schoen from Buffalo or even Dan Morgan from Carolina in at GM if it mans getting Daboll...he is the clear cut #1 HC candidate out there right now.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that if the Jags do end up firing Urban, they probably aren't going to want to go right back to another college coach to take his place.  It seems like owners usually go the opposite way as they did the last time when they replace a head coach.

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I could be wrong, but my guess is that if the Jags do end up firing Urban, they probably aren't going to want to go right back to another college coach to take his place.  It seems like owners usually go the opposite way as they did the last time when they replace a head coach.

I don't think they would view Daboll as a college guy.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers mouthing off to the Bears?  Talk about a stupid thing to do.  It's like walking up to a sleeping grizzly and poking it with a stick.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!  Doesn't he realize he will be facing that Bears defense again this year?  That's the kind of thing the players on the Bears defense are going to have posted and hanging in their lockers until the day they get the chance to play him again.  Those are words the arrogant one will live to regret. 

Another thing he needs to remember is that Justin Fields won't always be a green rookie when the Packers play the Bears in the future.  Rodgers better enjoy that situation while he can, because it is going to change drastically each time he encounters the Bears.  I, for one, am looking forward to that!

I'm looking forward to J. Love tearing us a new one every single year for another 20 years... If the rivalry hasn't been a thing since the early 2000s (minus NFCCG) and hasn't been close since the early 90s, it ain't much of a rivalry.

The Pack know they can consistently score 20+ points and know they'll win. If the Bears get 20, the Pack will score 40. That's just the way it is. Rodgers owns the Bears.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Our Bears are closer to a bear under constant anesthesia. Occasionally it starts to wake up (like 2018) but our front office and coaches help make sure it safely goes back under immediately. 😂

• Like 2

Just a few thoughts:

• Fields playing is the best thing for the Bears' future right now. He's facing a lot of pressure, but he doesn't seem totally overwhelmed. You can tell he's working things out and the game will eventually slow down for him. He needs to improve his pocket awareness to take the next step.
  • Herbert runs hard. Bears might have some decisions to make at RB.
  • Odd stat: Allen Robinson has a higher Intended Air Yards/Target than Darnell Mooney. Mooney's transformation into a short-yardage receiver is especially odd when you consider that Fields is the one of the most aggressive QBs in the NFL pushing the ball downfield.
  • You wish Kmet could put together more big plays like that, but I just don't think he's that guy.
  • My biggest question for the rest of the season is whether the Bears can find an OL unit that allows Fields to settle into more throws. Giving him a platform to find receivers downfield is going to be important to his growth.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

I'll dare post a reply to this as an enemy Packers fan. I figured there'd be some Bears fans riled up about Rodgers comment. Initially, I thought similar--Rodgers being cocky, cocking off, when he should just be humble. He can be cocky, no doubt. But then just seeing the look on his face, the exuberation, it didn't appear mean-spirited, it sort of appeared to me like a kid playing backyard football, scoring on his best friend. Like it was 12 yr old Rodgers and Urlacher going at it, jawing off at each other all game, and Rodgers just happened to get the best of it on the play, on that day. In the presser, Rodgers claimed he saw a female Bears fan in the front row giving him a "double Bird", which is hilarious. That's a Bears fan. Haha. So he just responded. Maybe he is lying about that, but I don't think so. Maybe it's just my bias. I do know he loves playing your Bears. He appreciates the rivalry. As do I. Yes, doing so well against the Bears for the past 30 years makes that easier, no doubt. And no doubt you hate it. But I also remember when the Bears dominated the Packers from the 70's through the 80's. I regretted the childish, thuggish Forrest Gregg era, but Starr before and Infante afterwards kept things relatively classy. Again, I understand how Bears fans, especially younger ones who didn't live through the 70's and 80's when the Bears dominated, would be perturbed at Rodgers antics. But for some of us, it was just a playful jawing of someone who actually cherishes and respects this historic rivalry. I will admit, I am supposed to hate the Bears, but I really don't. Never did. (I reserve true hate for the Vikings.) I respect the heck out of the Bears, and appreciate our mutual history. No doubt, when Rodgers is done with the Packers, the Bears will have ascended--Fields is going to be a great QB. The Bears will come to an era of dominance again. And as one Bears fan said, when that happens, I would hope that Fields jaws at the Packers fans in the front row giving him the bird after he scores a touchdown. That's all in good fun. That's part of the fun of the rivalry--like a 12 yr old Rodgers and Urlacher going at it in the back yard.

I wasn’t offended at all by Rodgers’ antics. He was well within his rights to shout “I own you”….because he has for a long time now lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Just a few thoughts:

• Fields playing is the best thing for the Bears' future right now. He's facing a lot of pressure, but he doesn't seem totally overwhelmed. You can tell he's working things out and the game will eventually slow down for him. He needs to improve his pocket awareness to take the next step.
  • Herbert runs hard. Bears might have some decisions to make at RB.
  • Odd stat: Allen Robinson has a higher Intended Air Yards/Target than Darnell Mooney. Mooney's transformation into a short-yardage receiver is especially odd when you consider that Fields is the one of the most aggressive QBs in the NFL pushing the ball downfield.
  • You wish Kmet could put together more big plays like that, but I just don't think he's that guy.
  • My biggest question for the rest of the season is whether the Bears can find an OL unit that allows Fields to settle into more throws. Giving him a platform to find receivers downfield is going to be important to his growth.

- he doesn’t get overwhelmed, sure, but he’s made some incredibly questionable rookie throws so far lol

-well Monty was still lights out before going down. The only decision here is usurping Williams for the 2, which I’m fine with. I don’t want a running committee though cause there’s no uglier end of season statline than 0 1k rushers and 3 600 yard rushers lol 

-just another example of FO not knowing how to utilize talent. 
-Kmet isn’t consistent or explosive so far in his career but I suppose at ND he wasn’t like a holy **** player anyway. I think once the offense can move smoothly and get more than like 110 yards passing a game we will see a 600 yard a year guy in him. 
-well I think we already know the answer here.