It's Packer Week! Week 6 Gameday Thread

soulman

I suspect we lose today but because we can't keep up with the scoring...how we lose these type of games though will be telling...are we in it late or do we get blown out? Do we have something to build off or was it a dumpster fire? The win loss record at the end of this year shouldn't matter because we will beat poor teams a lose to good ones...it's do we see real progression or change against those best teams that matters...

In terms of Fields I want to see us continue to let him be under centre as much as possible...plenty of play action...plenty of levelled routes to one side of the field then let his natural talent show out...if he can go again for over 200 yards with a TD or two and no INTs it will have been a successful day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect we lose today but because we can't keep up with the scoring...

I don't know, man. I'm not impressed with the Packers' offensive line. And the Bears have the best pass rush in the league (so far, anyway). 

If they can get to Rodgers, they might be able to keep it close it enough to win it in the fourth. (Kind of like the Tampa Bay game last year.)

10 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Surprised that Tonga is inactive and I completely missed that Burns was playing for the Bears this season.

Why would Tonga be inactive? That's weird. I wonder if they're worried about penalties? 

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Against Rodgers you need as many pass rushers as possible out there.

I guess if you don't want to push the interior of the OL back at all when Goldman needs a break it makes sense, but from his position it's not necessarily about rushing the passer.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I guess if you don't want to push the interior of the OL back at all when Goldman needs a break it makes sense, but from his position it's not necessarily about rushing the passer.

My point is the "NT" spot isn't really a thing today...we will be in a 4-2-5 nickle pretty much so all day...you need to generate pass rush with those 4 guys only as much as possible...that is just not Tonga's game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

My point is the "NT" spot isn't really a thing today...we will be in a 4-2-5 nickle pretty much so all day...you need to generate pass rush with those 4 guys only as much as possible...that is just not Tonga's game.

I guess you didn't watch last week then when the Bears played a lot of 2 down DL with Goldman and Tonga rotating. And you mention Tongas game not rushing the passer, well that isn't Goldman either.

I guess you didn't watch last week then when the Bears played a lot of 2 down DL with Goldman and Tonga rotating. And you mention Tongas game not rushing the passer, well that isn't Goldman either.

Were we playing the Packers last week? Exactly.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Were we playing the Packers last week? Exactly.

Exactly, we were playing a team that has been playing better offensively than the Packers. But hey they aren't the Packers, I guess we will just disagree in that I think it's best to have the best players available to play.

9 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Tonga looks like he's going to be a much better pass rusher than Goldman. He may never be as good of an all-around player as Goldman, but we've seen some pass rush ability from Tonga already. 

Edited by Heinz D.

Exactly, we were playing a team that has been playing better offensively than the Packers. But hey they aren't the Packers, I guess we will just disagree in that I think it's best to have the best players available to play.

The Raiders have a completely different blocking scheme and ethos than the Packers do..you tailor your DL to being able to do different things against different teams when you have the personnel to do so.