Seahawks to release former starting CB Tre Flowers

TheKillerNacho

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers should kick the tires

"Flowers' issues in coverage continued in that game, and afterwards, he described it as a scheme issue while saying there was confusion among some Seattle defenders on how to defend certain route concepts."

Isn't it roughly the same scheme or does he mean specifically on a certain play call?

I won't pretend to have watched much of him, but given the performance of Seattle's pass D in recent years, and the fact that they just released him, no trade or anything, I assume he's not good, right? Glancing at the stats, there's some red flags there, as well. Never fond of a CB who seems to rank really high in tackles (averages about 70 tackles per 16 games) while low in actually getting his hands on the ball (1 INT and 5 PDs per 16.) Tends to equate to not being able to stop the play until after the pass is already completed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

so seatlle is in dead last in yards and 3rd to last in passing. You cut your CB and people think its a good idea to bring him in? Sorry but if he is a flat out cut on one of the worse DB corps in the league doesnt seem like a great move. 

Yeah he's just terrible at covering opposite players I'm not sure he could help any team really