Week 6 Games

Leader

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He would have been drafted very high without the injury, possibly in Quinnen Willams’ spot. He has outplayed Williams thus far mostly because of injuries and the Jets. 
Im not saying he’s the second coming and there were character concerns, but he would be wrecking shop next to KC. I think he continues to get better. Last year vs Ten I did watch him a lot and in between a few impact plays, he got washed out plenty. We had their number in snowy Lambeau. Still, I believe he is one of the top defenders from that draft. 

Williams lost most of his rookie season because of injuries and playing in fewer games than Simmons, but to say he has out played him is incorrect. 

Williams - 31 games, 58 solo tackles and 13.0 sacks. Simmons - 30 games, 59 solo tackles and 7.5 sacks. 

As for other defenders in the 1st round alone in that draft. Nick Bosa 14 sacks, Josh Allen 15.5 sacks, Brian Burns 19.5 sacks, Devin White 184 solo tackles and 11.5 sacks, Dexter Lawrence 59 solo tackles and 7 sacks, Ed Oliver 58 solo tackles and 8 sacks, Christian Wilkins 76 solo tackles and 6.5 sacks. That is defense only, when talking about top 3 talent in that draft it would have to include Kyler Murray in that group. Simmons is a good player, but top 3 talent in his class is just a hard NO.