• #12 OK State @ #25 Texas, Noon FOX
    • Auburn @ #17 Arkansas, Noon CBS
    • #11 Kentucky @ #1 Georgia, 3:30 CBS
    • Purdue @ #2 Iowa, 3:30 ABC
    • Pitt @ Virginia Tech, 3:30 ESPN2
    • #13 Ole Miss @ Tennessee, 7:30 SECN
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2021 at 03:30 PM

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But for real, there's not a lot I can't/won't eat. Ketchup just happens to be the one condiment that I find repelling. Of all the world's flavors, that's what people choose to put on burgers/dogs/brats? Gross.

I'm definitely weird with tomatoes. I love tomato products - ketchup, marinara, etc but I loathe tomatoes by themselves. I'm not a fan of ketchup on brats though. I guess it's not just a Chicago thing with ketchup lol. Maybe people who just predominantly live in the cold

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think I can subscribe to this. Sweet relish on the brat with some sauerkraut and some pickle on the sandwich.

We live close to one another. Ever had Mad Sweet Heat? It's probably in your area. Assuming you like spicy stuff

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm definitely weird with tomatoes. I love tomato products - ketchup, marinara, etc but I loathe tomatoes by themselves. I'm not a fan of ketchup on brats though. I guess it's not just a Chicago thing with ketchup lol. Maybe people who just predominantly live in the cold

I flat out love tomatoes. I eat them like apples when I pick them from my garden (the years I have one). Just so damn good. I just don't even consider ketchup to be edible. I also eat my fries with no condiments whatsoever so I've never understood the need to dip them in that heathen sauce.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I flat out love tomatoes. I eat them like apples when I pick them from my garden (the years I have one). Just so damn good. I just don't even consider ketchup to be edible. I also eat my fries with no condiments whatsoever so I've never understood the need to dip them in that heathen sauce.

If tomatoes touch anything, it's basically ruined for me. My wife is like you though but her acid reflux acts up at times. She slices up tomatoes and make a meal out of them. Only fries I can eat without condiments are Rally's/Checkers if you guys have those up there. Besides local stuff at least. My brother's restaurant has shoestring fries that he puts Greek seasoning on that don't need a damn thing. 

I guess now's a good time to bring up the long battle of which fast food place has the best fries. Probably a better topic for the TAST sub

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Those would be my suggestions as well. I wasn't sure how far Rally's has spread but their fries are spectacular. 

We got some Checkers on the North side lol. I rarely have it anymore since I moved away from Dayton/Columbus.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That's right! Forgot you lived around here at one point. Feel like everyone in the country has ties or has lived in Ohio at one point

Went to Wright State for a while, spent about 15 months in C-Bus/Newark and the last time I lived in Ohio I was in Fairborn for about 6 months in 2013. So, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with SW and Central Ohio lol. When I was younger, I lived in Youngstown/Niles/Warren area for a year. My dad was stationed at Youngstown AFB for about 15 years before he retired 8 years ago.

I'm one of the rare few that is educated on comparing celebrating Halloween between Athens and Madison. Of course, I've aged out of that by now. 😄 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Went to Wright State for a while, spent about 15 months in C-Bus/Newark and the last time I lived in Ohio I was in Fairborn for about 6 months in 2013. So, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with SW and Central Ohio lol. When I was younger, I lived in Youngstown/Niles/Warren area for a year. My dad was stationed at Youngstown AFB for about 15 years before he retired 8 years ago.

I'm one of the rare few that is educated on comparing celebrating Halloween between Athens and Madison. Of course, I've aged out of that by now. 😄 

Youngstown.... Ouch. Used to go there for baseball tournaments when I was younger. Got offered (what looked like) crack when I was 15 just walking to Pizza Hut to meet the team bc I was late lol. That place is..... fun. 

I did Athens Halloween for like 6 years straight at one point I think. Didn't you say Madison has it beat? Like you, I'm aged out of that also lol. Was definitely fun while it lasted. My nephew goes there now so I have options in case I decide to see what I'm made of these days. 

• Like 1