Week 6: KC Chiefs (2-3) at (2-3) WFT, 1 PM CBS (Theme: Clint Eastwood)

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well Daniel Snyder needs to go. I’m not sure what the result of all this stuff that’s been going on will be but I’m assuming nothing. The league deserves every bit of trashing they get for Daniel Snyder continuing to own a team in their league. 

I have friends who were cheerleaders at the time and at the photo shoot. I still can't bring myself to broach the subject with them and even thinking about it pisses me off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I have friends who were cheerleaders at the time and at the photo shoot. I still can't bring myself to broach the subject with them and even thinking about it pisses me off.

I know you have friends that were cheerleads. So sad. I follow some of the girls on Instagram and all and I always think how they were exploited and it makes me mad.

• Like 1

Quick check-in on Corey Davis, who has 20 catches for 302 yards and 3 TDs through 5 weeks. That’s a pace of 64 catches for 966 yards and 9 TDs.

Curtis Samuel has 4 catches for 19 yards and 0 TDs. That’s a pace of 13 catches for 61 yards and 0 TDs. 

Presumably at some point Samuel will get back healthy. He would be a nice piece for us, certainly. But what a total disaster so far. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Quick check-in on Corey Davis, who has 20 catches for 302 yards and 3 TDs through 5 weeks. That’s a pace of 64 catches for 966 yards and 9 TDs.

Curtis Samuel has 4 catches for 19 yards and 0 TDs. That’s a pace of 13 catches for 61 yards and 0 TDs. 

Presumably at some point Samuel will get back healthy. He would be a nice piece for us, certainly. But what a total disaster so far. 

Don't look up who the #1 LB in PFF is either. Someone that someone else on this board pursued hard along side Corey Davis. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

It’s definitely frustrating. If Corey had signed here he’d be our #2 so presumably his numbers would’ve be quite as good as in NY where he’s Zack Wilson’s #1 target by far. Regardless, Curtis Samuel’s injury has been incredibly frustrating and beyond that, he’s not as good of a WR as Davis is anyways. Samuel is a clear #2 on every team with decent WR play in the NFL and a #3 on some teams with Great WR corps or even a #4 on a team like Tampa or a healthy Pitt WR corps.

Still, it’s only one year of Samuel’s contract and as you said he’ll be healthy at some point, hopefully the second half of this year and for the rest of the time he’s in DC he stays mostly healthy. Even if Samuel is 100% healthy all season, I don’t ever expect him to put up a season like Davis can/will with near 70 recs, near 1000 yds & near 10 TDs. 

Samuel was a fine signing, but Corey Davis obviously would’ve been a better one!

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Matt Milano

Corey Davis and Matt Milano was the heart of my offseason proposal, although in fairness: (1) I actually preferred to pursue a top FS (Simmons, Williams, Maye) but they all got franchised, and (2) once the Bills re-signed Milano a couple days before FA, I pivoted to Jayon Brown, who has had a pretty forgettable season so far. 

I would like to think they’d have gone hard after Milano if he’d made it to FA. Seems like a Rivera type LB.

• Like 4

Just now, e16bball said:

Corey Davis and Matt Milano was the heart of my offseason proposal, although in fairness: (1) I actually preferred to pursue a top FS (Simmons, Williams, Maye) but they all got franchised, and (2) once the Bills re-signed Milano a couple days before FA, I pivoted to Jayon Brown, who has had a pretty forgettable season so far. 

I would like to think they’d have gone hard after Milano if he’d made it to FA. Seems like a Rivera type LB.

He was my #1 target. Was so upset when he got resigned. He 100% screams RR Linebacker. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s definitely frustrating. If Corey had signed here he’d be our #2 so presumably his numbers would’ve be quite as good as in NY where he’s Zack Wilson’s #1 target by far. Regardless, Curtis Samuel’s injury has been incredibly frustrating and beyond that, he’s not as good of a WR as Davis is anyways. Samuel is a clear #2 on every team with decent WR play in the NFL and a #3 on some teams with Great WR corps or even a #4 on a team like Tampa or a healthy Pitt WR corps.

Still, it’s only one year of Samuel’s contract and as you said he’ll be healthy at some point, hopefully the second half of this year and for the rest of the time he’s in DC he stays mostly healthy. Even if Samuel is 100% healthy all season, I don’t ever expect him to put up a season like Davis can/will with near 70 recs, near 1000 yds & near 10 TDs. 

Samuel was a fine signing, but Corey Davis obviously would’ve been a better one!

The biggest problem with Samuel is just that there were a load of similar players we could have added in the draft, but there weren’t a ton of legit X/Z receivers to be had. Getting Samuel and Dyami Brown seemed like they dodged the bullet — but comparing their production to Davis and Rondale Moore, the duo that I wanted, it stings a little to think about the group we could be running out there. 

...I know it turned out that we couldn’t have actually gotten Rondale Moore because the Cardinals snapped him up right before our 2nd rounder, but it’s the thought that counts! 😂

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He was my #1 target. Was so upset when he got resigned. He 100% screams RR Linebacker. 

It’s hard not to feel like Milano - Davis - Holcomb could have developed into a really solid LB corps. 

One thing Dallas has done that’s smart, in my view, is to prioritize getting good, fast LBs. They seem to be getting devalued in the eyes of the football braintrust, but I feel like in today’s game, they’re just so critical in both phases of the defense (run and pass). They don’t waste money and assets on DTs who can’t rush the passer, and they seem to be building their defense around the skills of their deep LB group. 

On 10/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, Thaiphoon said:

How do you reconcile that with continuing to spend money on the team that put that culture and place and took little to know responsibility for it? (I mean it less aggressively then it sounds a not trying to be a jerk, genuinely want to understand)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

How do you reconcile that with continuing to spend money on the team that put that culture and place and took little to know responsibility for it? (I mean it less aggressively then it sounds a not trying to be a jerk, genuinely want to understand)

Fair question and not taking it as you being a jerk, trust me.

Answer: It's extremely difficult, TBQH. I got rid of season tickets awhile ago. My brother has some now. I only use the tickets once or twice a year to keep the streak alive because at some point, I have hope that the universe will deliver us from Snyder. When we go to games, I typically spend money on one soda a half just to keep from getting parched. The rest of the food/drinks are consumed pre-game in the tailgate lot. I don't buy jerseys or any other stuff. Ever.

TL:DR: I spend next-to-nothing myself on this team. The only reason I still go to one game a year is to keep our 20+ year streak going. And I'll be damned if Snyder takes that away from us too.

• Like 1