Jump to content

Week 6: KC Chiefs (2-3) at (2-3) WFT, 1 PM CBS (Theme: Clint Eastwood)


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I am also at this crossroads.

I no ties to this team other than my unrelenting desire to watch a dumpster fire. I am not from the Maryland/Virginia area. I grew up hearing only stories of when we were good/great. My father and I bonded so much over watching games together. I am in my mid 30s now, I could not ever expect to pass the burden (which it sadly has become) to my children. I have never been fair-weather in my life about anything. It is so hard to get myself motivated to represent anything related to this franchise. I could never identify with another team being my "favorite team," but I don't feel that until some major changes happen that WFT deserves to be a favorite anything either.

Yep, same here. I was born in 1985 so I hardly remember the team being good and my daughter will be 4 in February and I just can’t subject her to this. I’m planning on keeping most of my brothers Seahawks gear and memorabilia so maybe I’ll let her become a fan of Seattle if she takes an interest in football? I just can’t do to her what’s been done to me as a fan. After 20+ years of Snyder owning this team and the results being the same over and over again it’s about time to admit this is what the team is. It’s never getting better. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lavar703 said:

I’m planning on keeping most of my brothers Seahawks gear and memorabilia so maybe I’ll let her become a fan of Seattle if she takes an interest in football? I just can’t do to her what’s been done to me as a fan.

I know he can be a real ****** nugget, but one thing that Bill Simmons had right: you cannot necessarily move your kids' fandom to your team but you can move them away from your bitter rivals (one of @SpawnOfWoz's first phrases was "Cowboys suck!")

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?sportCat=nba&page=simmons/101201
https://grantland.com/features/the-consequences-caring/

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Also it was weird to know that two mods and a former mod were at the game and posting within the rules, while probably cursing like sailors in the stands today

@naptownskinsfan

@Woz

I was more resigned (except for yelling at the refs about those PI/defensive holding calls that weren't called)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Pretty sure we already know the answer to this one.

Umm ... I don't think he even qualifies as that.

How do we know for sure? Kyle Allen started & finished what equates to 3 games last year (counting the Rams game & 2nd Giants game as 1 combined game)

He was: 69%, 610 yds, 4 TDs passing, 1 TD rushing, 1 int & 1 fumble lost

To me there’s a reason why Rivera said he felt if Kyle didn’t get hurt last October that he would’ve led the team to a division championship too - without being directly asked that by a reporter - and there’s a reason why we traded for Kyle Allen & didn’t just sign Heinicke in FA last March, Heinicke wasn’t a thought of being on the team last year until Alex couldn’t play vs Carolina.  Heinicke was an emergency QB that week, Kyle has never been that since we traded for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How do we know for sure? Kyle Allen started & finished what equates to 3 games last year (counting the Rams game & 2nd Giants game as 1 combined game)

He was: 69%, 610 yds, 4 TDs passing, 1 TD rushing, 1 int & 1 fumble lost

Because, unlike Heinicke, he has a reasonable record before his time on Washington's roster.

2019: 13 GP, 12 GS, 303-489 (62.0%), 3322 yards (6.8 YPA), 17 TD (3.5 TD%), 16 INT (3.3 INT%), 80.0 RTG, 46 sacks (leading to a 6.0 adjusted YPA)

Maybe he's grown by playing only 4 games since then alongside only one offseason in two years where he barely got snaps because A) Fitzpatrick and B) he was hurt most of it ... but sure, we don't know that he's not the long term answer.

I would still heavily bet against it based on his track record, though.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

To me there’s a reason why Rivera said he felt if Kyle didn’t get hurt last October that he would’ve led the team to a division championship too - without being directly asked that by a reporter - and there’s a reason why we traded for Kyle Allen & didn’t just sign Heinicke in FA last March, Heinicke wasn’t a thought of being on the team last year until Alex couldn’t play vs Carolina.  Heinicke was an emergency QB that week, Kyle has never been that since we traded for him.

Until Heinicke took his backup job with one game's performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because, unlike Heinicke, he has a reasonable record before his time on Washington's roster.

2019: 13 GP, 12 GS, 303-489 (62.0%), 3322 yards (6.8 YPA), 17 TD (3.5 TD%), 16 INT (3.3 INT%), 80.0 RTG, 46 sacks (leading to a 6.0 adjusted YPA)

Maybe he's grown by playing only 4 games since then alongside only one offseason in two years where he barely got snaps because A) Fitzpatrick and B) he was hurt most of it ... but sure, we don't know that he's not the long term answer.

I would still heavily bet against it based on his track record, though.

Until Heinicke took his backup job with one game's performance.

Rivera said that about Kyle Allen after the season. So, he had already seen what Heinicke did vs the Bucs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, same here. I was born in 1985 so I hardly remember the team being good and my daughter will be 4 in February and I just can’t subject her to this. I’m planning on keeping most of my brothers Seahawks gear and memorabilia so maybe I’ll let her become a fan of Seattle if she takes an interest in football? I just can’t do to her what’s been done to me as a fan. After 20+ years of Snyder owning this team and the results being the same over and over again it’s about time to admit this is what the team is. It’s never getting better. 

Unfortunately, I feel that everyone, no matter which generation feels this.

I can't articulate how much I have used this team as a crutch in my life for when things aren't going well. Unfortunately (and fortunately), they are the biggest negative in my life right now.

Like most abusive relationships and toxic work environments, the fear of what you will do outside of those situations looms large. For some reason, I feel if I abandon this team, my love for football may leave with it.

A break for a few weeks may be a good start.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Rivera said that about Kyle Allen after the season. So, he had already seen what Heinicke did vs the Bucs.

Maybe. I guess we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No more for me. It's over. For 30 years this team has been awful. We had Gibbs, and in 10 years he took the team to 5 NFC Championship games with 4 non franchise QBs! He went to 4 Superbowl s, winning 3 of them with non franchise QBs. We have not had franchise QB since Sonny! The owner has destroyed this once great team and ran it to the ground. Well it's over! I am not spending another minute with this team. Quitting the NFL. The NFL let Snyder keep the team after all the crap he has done. I think all the fans should boycott the team until Snyder is gone. Show the emails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Maybe. I guess we'll see.

I’m not saying he’s right. I have no clue if Kyle Allen can play better then he did in 2019 and last year over a long period of time, but I think we have the answer we need on Heinicke, he’s definitely not the guy who’s going to elevate us to a perennial playoff team or more. I’d be interested to get the final answer on Kyle Allen too.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really didn't think Heinecke was a disaster as many seem to be saying.  He wasn't good, but neither did I think he was bad.  McLaurin also had an off game.  Gibson was one good play and 1 disaster play.  The whole offense was just blah today.  

We just aren't very good in general and it shows as a game goes on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...