Week 6: KC Chiefs (2-3) at (2-3) WFT, 1 PM CBS (Theme: Clint Eastwood)

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Watch it again on All 22. DB holds him earlier in the route and it affects his route (before the clip but as the ball was being thrown). I was watching from the opposing end zone and it looked pretty clear to me on the play. 

But yes, Heinicke could have thrown the ball more toward the hash and it would've been 6 even with that holding.

I believe you, I just didn’t see it in that clip. And sorry, I’m not paying for the All-22, I have no need to pay for that.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I believe you, I just didn’t see it in that clip. And sorry, I’m not paying for the All-22, I have no need to pay for that.

I mean, I could be wrong and am willing to admit it if I see the whole play again and it looks like he didn't. I just saw some tugging as Terry went past him and it looked like it slowed Terry down.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean, I could be wrong and am willing to admit it if I see the whole play again and it looks like he didn't. I just saw some tugging as Terry went past him and it looked like it slowed Terry down.

I trust you’re judgement as much as anyone’s. I’m just saying from the clip that was shown - which wasn’t the whole play or the All-22 - I didn’t see it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

WJ3 is just awful. They must have watched his highlights like Shanahan used to do with prospects & then decide to sign them off their high light reels.

I realize even great corners get beat, but man, this clip is not exactly confidence boosting material for the "play WJ3 in man!" argument.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Disclaimer- Haven't read this thread.

Missed 42 yard F G changed all the momemntum. Chip shot for most kickers. just when he was rebuilding confidence .

Lining up off-side --Really ? 

Looks like a bad team, bad players ( WJ3 is awful ) Scott Turner- terrible 3rd down calls a few times. Seems they are trying to protect Heiny . maybe he needs it - who knows. Rivera- agree- He's a one hit wonder, Cam . Del Rio - No idea what he's doing . Injuries too - but everybody deals with them . We need another running back . Marlon Mack ?

Would you sign Marlon Mack and cut Jarrett Patterson bc as far as I know Gibby isn’t going on IR, is he?

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m surprised they didn’t bench Jamin for the game after he missed on pushing McKinnon out of bounds while he bowled over Fuller & St. Juste on his way to a first down.

Yes bad technique he (St Juste) is to high and McKinnon is low. You know the saying low man wins. Not saying this play lost us the game but this play really illustrate the ineptitude of our def. McKinnon is not a big back by any means but evades two would be tacklers, runs over another defender and finally runs through another two defender (55,20) and he his still falling forward for another yd. The first tackler makes contact 4 yds before the first down marker. In the end McKinnon falls one yd beyond the first down marker. That's five yds LO Just Pitiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Would you sign Marlon Mack and cut Jarrett Patterson bc as far as I know Gibby isn’t going on IR, is he?

Would have to trade for Mack from what I understand. 

If I could sign him off the street and not give up a draft pick, I would absolutely take him over Patterson. Wouldn’t everyone?

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Would have to trade for Mack from what I understand. 

If I could sign him off the street and not give up a draft pick, I would absolutely take him over Patterson. Wouldn’t everyone?

I think that question surrounds, what are we doing as a franchise?

Are we rebuilding or are we trying to definitely win the division like last year?

Per usual with this franchise, we’re not doing a total rebuild with our roster. We’re doing this morphed rebuild where we keep veterans around or sign them just to try to make a play for the wild card while playing some other young drafted players while developing them. It just doesn’t work, you don’t get better long term by trying to win 7 to 9 games every year while you rebuild, if it happens organically bc you’re entirely under 30 roster develops w/ all young starters then that’s one thing but once again we’re not rebuilding this thing right.

I guess the long and short of it is that if we are rebuilding - which I think we are despite what Rivera wants to do/says - then, I’d rather roll with the rookie. But, if we are going to be a playoff team, I’d take Marlon Mack.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm thinking he will be IRd. He's got a damn broken leg! We'll see . 

I thought it was a stress/small fracture?   It’s not like he’s out there trying to play w/ bones that are broken in half. We’d also have to trade for Marlon Mack, I don’t think we should be trading an asset for him.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I thought it was a stress/small fracture?   It’s not like he’s out there trying to play w/ bones that are broken in half. We’d also have to trade for Marlon Mack, I don’t think we should be trading an asset for him.

We go probably send a 6th and get him and a 7th. No, he's doesn't have a bone sticking out of his leg but he's obviously not 100% . 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:44 AM, offbyone said:

I really didn't think Heinecke was a disaster as many seem to be saying.  He wasn't good, but neither did I think he was bad.  McLaurin also had an off game.  Gibson was one good play and 1 disaster play.  The whole offense was just blah today.  

We just aren't very good in general and it shows as a game goes on.

Problem is that with the defense being an unmitigated disaster, the offense cannot be off their game if Washington is going to have a chance of winning.

To that end, it would be better if they (and we) just packed it in for the season.