Week 6: KC Chiefs (2-3) at (2-3) WFT, 1 PM CBS (Theme: Clint Eastwood)

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fair question and not taking it as you being a jerk, trust me.

Answer: It's extremely difficult, TBQH. I got rid of season tickets awhile ago. My brother has some now. I only use the tickets once or twice a year to keep the streak alive because at some point, I have hope that the universe will deliver us from Snyder. When we go to games, I typically spend money on one soda a half just to keep from getting parched. The rest of the food/drinks are consumed pre-game in the tailgate lot. I don't buy jerseys or any other stuff. Ever.

TL:DR: I spend next-to-nothing myself on this team. The only reason I still go to one game a year is to keep our 20+ year streak going. And I'll be damned if Snyder takes that away from us too.

I get that and no judgement from me. more asked, just because it feels bad enough supporting this team even tacitly when you hear about how many crappy things they’ve done to employees lives, and that’s without knowing any of those people first hand. Really would be nice if you could trust anyone to take an honest look and do better rather than try to get past it and protect the shield. 

• Like 1

Notwithstanding what I said earlier in the week, if Terry doesn’t play and Hill/Kelce both do, this could be an all-time slaughter. 

Heinicke out there trying to keep up with Mahomes — throwing to Humphries, Sims, Carter, AGG, and Seals-Jones — could get real ugly, real quick. It’s feeling a lot more like the “maybe we should just punt this one” plan is in order.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Notwithstanding what I said earlier in the week, if Terry doesn’t play and Hill/Kelce both do, this could be an all-time slaughter. 

Heinicke out there trying to keep up with Mahomes — throwing to Humphries, Sims, Carter, AGG, and Seals-Jones — could get real ugly, real quick. It’s feeling a lot more like the “maybe we should just punt this one” plan is in order.

I think Cam Sims is hurt too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah and be damn sure the Washington Football sports talk shows will be ripping Heinicke if he doesn’t play well on Sunday despite him missing his top 5 targets!

🤦‍♂️

On 10/14/2021 at 11:09 PM, e16bball said:

Quick check-in on Corey Davis, who has 20 catches for 302 yards and 3 TDs through 5 weeks. That’s a pace of 64 catches for 966 yards and 9 TDs.

Curtis Samuel has 4 catches for 19 yards and 0 TDs. That’s a pace of 13 catches for 61 yards and 0 TDs. 

Presumably at some point Samuel will get back healthy. He would be a nice piece for us, certainly. But what a total disaster so far. 

Butbutbutbut Samuel played on CAROLINA!!!

(also, please don't remind me of missing out on a former man-crush twice)

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and be damn sure the Washington Football sports talk shows will be ripping Heinicke if he doesn’t play well on Sunday despite him missing his top 5 targets!

🤦‍♂️

Maybe, maybe not. I think the expectations are low for Washington (they're nearly a 6.5/7 home underdog). If he doesn't throw any godawful picks like he did against New Orleans but they still get stomped like 45-14, the blame won't necessarily be on his shoulders.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Maybe, maybe not. I think the expectations are low for Washington (they're nearly a 6.5/7 home underdog). If he doesn't throw any godawful picks like he did against New Orleans but they still get stomped like 45-14, the blame won't necessarily be on his shoulders.

But my point is more he’ll likely play poorly and a lot of that could be due to the fact that he doesn’t have Terry, Samuel, Logan, Cam or Dyami. So, if he throws an awful int or two it may be bc his WRs aren’t getting open or the WR made a mistake which, should’ve be put on Heinicke. It just depends on how that play transpired but we’ll surely have the fans/talking heads that blame Heinicke regardless bc they’ll just look at the box score. 

Can I say this and feel understood that this could end up being one of the most lopsided scores in NFL history tomorrow and I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Mahomes could throw for a G tomorrow yardage wise and I think I’d believe it if you asked me how bad could this actually get tomorrow.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

But my point is more he’ll likely play poorly and a lot of that could be due to the fact that he doesn’t have Terry, Samuel, Logan, Cam or Dyami. So, if he throws an awful int or two it may be bc his WRs aren’t getting open or the WR made a mistake which, should’ve be put on Heinicke. It just depends on how that play transpired but we’ll surely have the fans/talking heads that blame Heinicke regardless bc they’ll just look at the box score. 

Okay, but if it is the slaughter like we're expecting, there will be a lot of blame to go around. Honestly, unless the game is close minus a critical pick (a la New Orleans), I don't think the finger will be pointed at Heinicke.

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Can I say this and feel understood that this could end up being one of the most lopsided scores in NFL history tomorrow and I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Mahomes could throw for a G tomorrow yardage wise and I think I’d believe it if you asked me how bad could this actually get tomorrow.

Bills beat the Texans 40-0 a few weeks ago, I can’t imagine us losing that bad.