Re-sign De'Vondre Campbell, Davante Adams & Corey Bojorquez

{Family Ghost}

Just now, HeresAGuy said:

Man, a lot of sarcasm is getting lost in translation today guys.  Step up your understanding of the troll game peeps.  Might have to use the green font training wheels again.

troy and buck literally had a conversation last night like what happens when Ja comes back, inferring that there is some conversation to be had there. 

i knew incog was trolling but i'm thinking some people had too much kool-aid after the win that was determined by their punt returner

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Man, a lot of sarcasm is getting lost in translation today guys.  Step up your understanding of the troll game peeps.  Might have to use the green font training wheels again.

also ive been using FF since 2005 dont training wheel me youngin

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

troy and buck literally had a conversation last night like what happens when Ja comes back, inferring that there is some conversation to be had there. 

i knew incog was trolling but i'm thinking some people had too much kool-aid after the win that was determined by their punt returner

But knowing you have 2 longer guys who,can hold down the edge do you have JA follow into slot? Just leave him to his side? I think the conversation is more Sul V Chandon 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Yeah, I’ve had a lot of people explain my jokes to me here lately. Maybe it’s me?  No! It is the rest of these literalists reading posts to the letter that are wrong! Not being able to be a sarcastic *** on the internet would really be a shame. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I would argue that the botched punt was huge but we only gained a fg advantage. The overturned TD was much worse at that stage of the game and we (barely) overcame it!

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yeah, I’ve had a lot of people explain my jokes to me here lately. Maybe it’s me?  No! It is the rest of these literalists reading posts to the letter that are wrong! Not being able to be a sarcastic *** on the internet would really be a shame. 

The bot numbers are growing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Refugee said:

exactly, for example

Sarcasm:  Trading Aaron Rodgers at the end of the year to avoid cap hell is a smart idea.  We would get at least three first round picks at least and get a premadonna quarterback off the books.  

^^^that is an example of a stupid mindset and no one would ever think that seriously.  An obvious troll job.

Not Sarcasm:  Bojorquez is the MVP and future hall of famer

^^^obvious greatness is obvious.

Edited by HeresAGuy

41 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

For real though, Douglas actually looks good. I'm not sure why, could be a unrepeatable hot streak. Could be scheme fit. Could be he pops on some plays that make him appear better than he plays overall. Could be he's putting it together. Could be a number of things I don't even know about.

But there's a conversation to be had right now about extending him and Campbell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

For real though, Douglas actually looks good. I'm not sure why, could be a unrepeatable hot streak. Could be scheme fit. Could be he pops on some plays that make him appear better than he plays overall. Could be he's putting it together. Could be a number of things I don't even know about.

But there's a conversation to be had right now about extending him and Campbell.

Well he is a vet with 200 career tackles, 6 INT, 37 pass breakups and 31 starts. So it’s not like he’s a scrub.

Maybe he’s cut from the same piece of cheese as Z, Preston, Campbell…you know, warm bodies we signed who became pro bowlers…

Edited by Siman08/OH

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm enjoying the ride for now for sure.   Fun story, and fun contributor to a team on a 7-game winning streak.

I'm no scout, but that's kinda how I feel too, that he looks good.  H e doesn't look like he's out of place.  He doesn't look like he's afraid to tackle.  He doesn't look fast, and I'm sure he's going to get outsprinted by some fast guys; but he doesn't look grossly slow; or like he's getting faked out.  He doesn't look like he's too tiny.  He doesn't look like he's grossly unaware.  he doesn't loo scared to press or play man.  He just kinda looks like a guy who works hard, and who can cover guys pretty well, and who is willing to play physical.  He looks like he belongs.  

Sometimes it takes a guy a while to figure things out.  Or injuries get in the way.  Or other good players are in front of him on a roster.   But maybe a guy has a nice confluence of being in a good system; of being healthy; and of getting opportunity, and he looks competent.  Seems to me that a team could do worse than having Rasul as it's #3 corner, who plays in case of any injury or plays in some dime packages.  

I'd like to be able to bring him back at a contract fitting for a #3 corner.  That's hard question, of course.  If you bring Rodgers back, where's the cash?  In a salary cap league, where's the cash?  

Sometimes I think a winning roster has rookie-contract bargains, and and 2nd-contract big-ticket stars.  But that there can't be space for some non-star vets who who are modest-priced.  But for this winning streak, having some anti-awful vet support players who don't cost a ton has been invaluable.  

• Like 1