Re-sign De'Vondre Campbell, Davante Adams & Corey Bojorquez

{Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

But knowing you have 2 longer guys who,can hold down the edge do you have JA follow into slot? Just leave him to his side? I think the conversation is more Sul V Chandon 

for sure this adds lots of flexibility to the defense. we will see lots of ja in the slot, but the perception that the guy on the outside of the field is more valuable is outdated. 

anyone who saw that hopkins catch over stokes and thought 'stokes will always be bad' is wrong. that was a classic rookie error he just got lost... but his legs had him in great position to make a play. he will put it together if he has the right coaching, i think he will.

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

for sure this adds lots of flexibility to the defense. we will see lots of ja in the slot, but the perception that the guy on the outside of the field is more valuable is outdated. 

anyone who saw that hopkins catch over stokes and thought 'stokes will always be bad' is wrong. that was a classic rookie error he just got lost... but his legs had him in great position to make a play. he will put it together if he has the right coaching, i think he will.

tough to even call that an "error". Just an example of a HOFer doing HOFer things against a rookie. Hopkins was absolutely ridiculously perfect on that play (minus the tiny facemask grab).

Otherwise that's 100% a career highlight reel play for him.

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I don't even know if I'd call it an error. That was a stupidly good play by Hopkins, one of the best receivers of his generation. Don't think I've ever seen a guy double-move a defender like that while the ball is in the air.

Edit: lol @incognito_man took the words out of my mouth

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 1

Just now, Lodestar said:

I don't even know if I'd call it an error. That was a stupidly good play by Hopkins, one of the best receivers of his generation. Don't think I've ever seen a guy double-move a defender like that while the ball is in the air.

sure i'm not going to quibble over words. if stokes had better ball awareness he would have had a great chance to make a play on it. 

Just now, HokieHigh said:

sure i'm not going to quibble over words. if stokes had better ball awareness he would have had a great chance to make a play on it. 

my main point is that i think says a lot of good about stokes, to be this close to competing with a  top talent in the league as a rook.

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

No.  No corner has that kind of ball awareness.  He's on a go route.  WR slows down and looks up for the ball.  Corner mimics him.  Hopkins and Murray just made an insane play.  Best I've seen in the passing game.  Ever.

It is a huge credit that Stokes was able to stay within an arm of Hopkins on that thing.

If King were out there on that thing, I'm not sure that his head would not have exploded at the same time his shoulders and knees caved in.

We all know what a stud JA is, but he isn't doing any better on that thing than Stokes did.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  No corner has that kind of ball awareness.  He's on a go route.  WR slows down and looks up for the ball.  Corner mimics him.  Hopkins and Murray just made an insane play.  Best I've seen in the passing game.  Ever.

It is a huge credit that Stokes was able to stay within an arm of Hopkins on that thing.

If King were out there on that thing, I'm not sure that his head would not have exploded at the same time his shoulders and knees caved in.

We all know what a stud JA is, but he isn't doing any better on that thing than Stokes did.  

https://ibb.co/8K1d3bv

i actually think he has the speed to turn his head around there and locate the ball instead of watching hopkins, and then play catch up.

4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Edit: lol @incognito_man took the words out of my mouth

Neither have I. And this play wasn't an example of that. Pressure forced Murray to overthrow. Hopkins adjusted to it on the fly and Stokes looked for the ball at the exact same moment Hopkins perceived the overthrow and turned upfield to track it down. Good play by Hopkins but not an intentional route.

13 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Neither have I. And this play wasn't an example of that. Pressure forced Murray to overthrow. Hopkins adjusted to it on the fly and Stokes looked for the ball at the exact same moment Hopkins perceived the overthrow and turned upfield to track it down. Good play by Hopkins but not an intentional route.

Option 1: Hopkins misjudged the ball

Option 2: Hopkins intentionally set up the rookie CB knowing exactly where the ball was

I know which one is more likely

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Option 1: Hopkins misjudged the ball

Option 2: Hopkins intentionally set up the rookie CB knowing exactly where the ball was

I know which one is more likely

Option 1: Pressure from a 6'3" DL forces the 5'10" Murray to put more air under ball than intended. Hopkins tracks the overthrow and makes adjustment from intended back shoulder throw.

Option 2: Hopkins runs super late-breaking double move, with the ball already in the air, a route never put on tape by him before.  

I know which one is more likely. 

14 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Option 1: Pressure from a 6'3" DL forces the 5'10" Murray to put more air under ball than intended. Hopkins tracks the overthrow and makes adjustment from intended back shoulder throw.

Option 2: Hopkins runs super late-breaking double move, with the ball already in the air, a route never put on tape by him before.  

The interpretation you're trying to sell makes absolutely no sense and doesn't align with the facts. The ball was halfway to him in the air when he hesitated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les Punting said:

I'm not sure you do.

• Like 2