Re-sign De'Vondre Campbell, Davante Adams & Corey Bojorquez

{Family Ghost}

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Please don't resign Devondre Campbell to anything approaching a market level contract. Learn the lesson from Cory Littleton. ILBs look great in this system, even when they're scrubs. 

You seem like you know a lot about football but all your posts make me sad

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

You seem like you know a lot about football but all your posts make me sad

I feel like I'm fairly optimistic on Royce Newman, and tbh, I've been very impressed with Barry so far.

Without either of the Smiths, King, or Alexander, the defense has kept performing. Not usually something you can say when a defense losses it's top two edge rushers, top two CBs, and doesn't have a second DL worth a damn. 

Granted, Gary and Stokes have played pretty well in relief, but still a very impressive performance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Please don't resign Devondre Campbell to anything approaching a market level contract. Learn the lesson from Cory Littleton. ILBs look great in this system, even when they're scrubs. 

I'm not saying overpay, but with the Packers draft history at the position, we may never again see a Campbell in our lifetime

11 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'm not saying overpay, but with the Packers draft history at the position, we may never again see a Campbell in our lifetime

That's ridiculous. Campbell is veteran journeyman that we're barely paying more than the vet minimum. He didn't just happen to turn into a good player at 28.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's ridiculous. Campbell is veteran journeyman that we're barely paying more than the vet minimum. He didn't just happen to turn into a good player at 28.

Isn’t ILB play mostly dependent on the DL doing a good job, freeing them up to make plays? Are the non Clark linemen playing that well (besides splash plays) or is there something going on schematically that favors ILB play?

22 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Isn’t ILB play mostly dependent on the DL doing a good job, freeing them up to make plays? Are the non Clark linemen playing that well (besides splash plays) or is there something going on schematically that favors ILB play?

To me it seems that given Barry’s history of coaching the position he likely has done a better job setting the ILBs up for success.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Add Rasul Douglas to the list soon?

Maybe for minimum or close to it... I know some Eagles fans (the team that drafted him), always thought he'd be a good Safety and with his solid tackling so far, I wouldn't be against trying it once we got our CB depth solid and healthy...

Of course King, Sullivan, Yiadom are FAs, and the App St. draft pick is mainly STs only right now, so it might be a little while before we get our CBs built up, the same reason I've heard why the Eagles didn't try it, they badly needed CBs.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Maybe for minimum or close to it... I know some Eagles fans (the team that drafted him), always thought he'd be a good Safety and with his solid tackling so far, I wouldn't be against trying it once we got our CB depth solid and healthy...

Of course King, Sullivan, Yiadom are FAs, and the App St. draft pick is mainly STs only right now, so it might be a little while before we get our CBs built up, the same reason I've heard why the Eagles didn't try it, they badly needed CBs.

yeah, Rasul as a cheap #3-4 CB was what I was getting at.

Edited by Arthur Penske

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just to be clear, if it's just the system, then why are all the other ILBers struggling?

Or is Campbell's role easier, and you're suggesting they would do better in Campbell's role? 

I certainly agree (and I think the NFL agrees) that teams shouldn't over invest into ILBers (depending on scheme) unless they're 3 down, great at everything LBers. As there is just too many ways to manipulate them if they have a clear weakness.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You're overthinking it. He's a good player.

There's a whole continuum from awful to awesome.  I don't think Campbell is anything great.  But I think he's a good player, which is more than we've seen at ILB in years, and which is more than Barnes/Burks/Summers/Kamal Martin/Jake Ryan.  I'd like to keep him.