Let's Talk Interim Head Coach Rich Bisacci

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I heard he's wanted to be a head coach for years. And it seemed like he got teary-eyed during his press conference too

Same. I remember him even saying he asked other HC’s what do you have to do to become a HC. Seems like he was very interested for a long time, but eventually accepted his fate it was never gonna happen. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Same. I remember him even saying he asked other HC’s what do you have to do to become a HC. Seems like he was very interested for a long time, but eventually accepted his fate it was never gonna happen. 

Special Teams coaches don't get a lot of looks for HC hires. I've argued Dave Toub should get a look for years.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Special Teams coaches don't get a lot of looks for HC hires. I've argued Dave Toub should get a look for years.

Yep. They still have dreams and aspirations to be a HC, fame, money, dream job. Mostly money lol. But Special Teams guys rarely ever get hired and it seems he eventually accepted that at some point during his 20 years. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I heard someone talking about Rich who covers the Cowboys and he said that Rich has never wanted to be a head coach, FWIW. 

I just find it hard to believe that one of gruden’s arguably “closest friend” in the coaching world doesn’t share the same language and beliefs.