Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, kramxel said:

Talking about BB? He's taking this roster as far as it's gonna get.

You wanna talk about the GM BB, that's another story.

Don't draft a QB in the first round and then refuse to put the ball in his hands on these 4th and shorts that can ice games.

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

This Patriots team just hasn't learned how to win yet. With as many unforced errors as the Cowboys made, if this were 3 or 4 years ago, the Pats would've won by a couple of scores. 

Rebuilds are rough.

Yep and I believe Bill is so consevative to help Mac with the mental aspect of the game.  It seems Mac is very emotional as you can see when he loses or makes a crucial mistake.

• Like 1

This Patriots team just hasn't learned how to win yet. With as many unforced errors as the Cowboys made, if this were 3 or 4 years ago, the Pats would've won by a couple of scores. 

Rebuilds are rough.

BB needs to stop thinking “I’ve got a rookie QB” and start thinking about winning the game. Tampa and today were decided by his lack of faith in the offense. 

It's undeniably true. If they'd made just another one or two plays in each game, they'd be 5-1. Those are plays that they would've made under Brady.

Oh I wasn't referring to this at all. Just that's it's weird to read the "Patriots are still learning to win" after watching them dominate the league for the last 2 decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

BB needs to stop thinking “I’ve got a rookie QB” and start thinking about winning the game. Tampa and today were decided by his lack of faith in the offense. 

I'm a firm believer any other coach would have been put on the hotseat due to those two games.

Mac is a first round QB who has shown signs he's growing and getting better. Put the ball in his hands!

Edited by biggie.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

What I saw today was that he's taking the training wheels off slowly and is sticking to a specific plan that's being dictated by what he sees as Mac's progression. It's the same thing we saw in '01 when Brady took over. You go back and watch his first few starts, and he was actually being considerably more conservative with Brady than he currently is with Jones. It's good news if we're taking the long view, but it's also going to be frustrating to watch them lose winnable games because of that. 

• Like 4

Just now, Apparition said:

What I saw today was that he's taking the training wheels off slowly and is sticking to a specific plan that's being dictated by what he sees as Mac's progression. It's the same thing we saw in '01 when Brady took over. You go back and watch his first few starts, and he was actually being considerably more conservative with Brady than he currently is with Jones. It's good news if we're taking the long view, but it's also going to be frustrating to watch them lose winnable games because of that. 

Brady was a no name 6th rounder playing in the early 2000's where defenses can do whatever they wanted.

Mac is a first rounder playing in era where anything less than 300 yards passing is considered a slow day for a QB.

Just now, biggie. said:

Brady was a no name 6th rounder playing in the early 2000's where defenses can do whatever they wanted.

Mac is a first rounder playing in era where anything less than 300 yards passing is considered a slow day for a QB.

I'm not saying it's right. It just is what it is. You don't win Belichick's trust overnight as a young player. And, for better or worse, that's been the way of things here since he took over. 

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I'm a firm believer any other coach would have been put on the hotseat due to those two games.

Mac is a first round QB who has shown signs he's growing and getting better. Put the ball in his hands!

That’s a bit far. If he were a first year HC, with the same roster and a rookie QB, people would be saying this is promising and they’re moving in the right direction, they are 3 coin flip plays from being 5-1 after all.

We’re just used to holding the Patriots to an absurdly high standard.