Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

How do you figure that? He threw it short out of bounds. It was a penalty on the Lions. They were turning it over either way. He prevented a bigger play from possibly happening. 

Again most of the time if the defender intercepts it on 4th down they end up losing yards (i.e. not making it back to the LOS) the risk is extremely low

How do you figure that? He threw it short out of bounds. It was a penalty on the Lions. They were turning it over either way. He prevented a bigger play from possibly happening. 

Let's say you have the ball at the 50. Turnover on downs, opposing team gets the ball on the 50. Now let's say you throw the ball 20 yards downfield, give your receiver a shot in tight coverage. Interception is going to give the opposing team the ball 20 yards downfield, at the 30, instead. As long as you aren't throwing a late pass to the flat that's an easy return TD, that interception costs the defense field position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Let's say you have the ball at the 50. Turnover on downs, opposing team gets the ball on the 50. Now let's say you throw the ball 20 yards downfield, give your receiver a shot in tight coverage. Interception is going to give the opposing team the ball 20 yards downfield, at the 30, instead. As long as you aren't throwing a late pass to the flat that's an easy return TD, that interception costs the defense field position.

But that wasn't the situation. 

So you weren't watching and don't know the situation. Got it. 

I know it's cool to hate on Goff, but there are numerous other examples to use other than a non play. 

I don't hate Goff. I actually like him. That was a stupid play.