Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Louis Friend said:

There was no receiver to throw it to. You are literally going on about him throwing the ball out of bounds on a 4th down turn over on downs anyway. 

They don't have to be open. Just throw and give it a chance. WR don't have to be open to catch a ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

Why is Daniels Jones not called out for playing poorly?

He's been attacked and destroyed since day 1, including 30k NY fans booing him as a person at a baseball game.

I would guess its the law of diminishing returns.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

You said Reid needs to make adjustments. If the adjustment he needs to make is telling guys to stop fumbling the ball and dropping passes, sure. But last I checked, that isn't a schematic adjustment.

Or maybe stop always looking for the long ball that just isn’t there anymore. Maybe be patient and hit those short passes that teams are giving them. Turnovers are a issue he can’t control but him and Mahomes wanting to attack down field over and over is just not working. You can point towards PPG like your earlier post said but this offense is NO WHERE near what they have been. 

On 9/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, HoboRocket said:

MVPJ will get the job eventually after Darnold hits the wall. Darnold has a 6:5 career TD:INT ratio and has thrown 40 INTs in 40 games.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:31 PM, ET80 said:

I put that more on NYJ than I do Darnold. 40 INTs in 40 games is 15 INTs in 40 games anywhere else...

I love MVPJ, but I see a Gardner Minshew-esque career if he starts for an extended period.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, HoboRocket said:

MVPJ Mania?

Turnovers were an issue for Darnold in college, too. One of his knocks pre-draft.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, HoboRocket said:

To add to this, Darnold has 22 fumbles in those 40 games.

Sam Darnold's career TD:INT ratio has actually gotten worse this season lol. He now sits at 6:7 in 2021.

Play PJ Walker, Rhule. You know you wanna.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1