Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's so frustrating. Someone said he was fitzy earlier (apologies that I can't remember who) and it's a pretty good comp. I've really seen Daniel Jones make some incredible plays... But he is so consistent at making bad ones. I think he'll have a long career as a backup, bridge starter, plays for 5 teams in 13 years sort of way

The thing is Fitz can string together months without turning it over at a clip or making that idiotic play, his mistakes come in bunches.

Jones continues to have absolutely no concept of ball security, and he is costing them winnable games. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Literally nothing about their issues this year is because of him being "too cute".

And that's his game, the one that made him a first ballot hall of famer, why would he change it.

This. Chiefs have major issues, but people are consistently way off on what those issues are. Virtually all of Mahomes INTs are one of two things, either WRs dropping passes (Kemp against I believe LAC, Hill against Buffalo, Hill against Washington) or Mahomes pressing when the team gets behind and trying to do too much (deep INT to Kelce against I think Baltimore, the falling down INT a few weeks back, and that INT against Washington.) He's not throwing INTs because he's too attached to deep shots, or because he's throwing too many no look passes.

3 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

Giants game got out of hand quickly.

You're not kidding.

Maybe they'll learn their lesson and do a real rebuild instead of the half-assed ones we've seen for the last six years. It's about all we have left to look forward to.

Completion percentage is becoming very overrated.

Davis Mills is 17-23 today and his team has 3 points on merit.

Mac Jones is 5th in completion % and 25th in rating (28th in ypa)

New England is 26th in points and 26th in yards.

71.1% sounds good though.

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

Can't believe how many people are trying to give mahommes a pass for what's going on. That last interception was one of the worst plays I've seen a qb make. 

Can you please say who is giving him a pass for it? Literally no one has done that. That was a terrible decision.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Literally nothing about their issues this year is because of him being "too cute".

And that's his game, the one that made him a first ballot hall of famer, why would he change it.

Some definitely are him trying to be extra. 

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

If you QB needs your team to be in 100% shape in order to even be acceptable he's not a good QB. 

And player can play well if he has a good team around him. QBs are supposed to elevate. Winning games may be out of the question but at least you can look like you belong. 

You obviously don't know how many injuries they have and he was doing that this year. He carried the team in two games

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Can you please say who is giving him a pass for it? Literally no one has done that. That was a terrible decision.

You basically said he pressing cause of other players mistakes. That play wasn't pressing. It was dumb. He is playing bad period. At least for the standards he has put forth. 

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The thing is Fitz can string together months without turning it over at a clip or making that idiotic play, his mistakes come in bunches.

Jones continues to have absolutely no concept of ball security, and he is costing them winnable games. 

I think those streaks from fitzy involve quite a bit of good fortune as well. It's not like he becomes super careful with the ball or makes good decisions all of a sudden. He still makes really bad decisions, they just don't always result in the worst possibly outcome