Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, kramxel said:

Diggs got beat inside on the double move, which is OK since he had safety help. 

Supposedly. 

Agreed. Looked like diggs was expecting the deep safety to be over the top letting him take a gamble on intercepting the ball. The deep guy should have kept it from being a TD 

• Like 2

Just now, Dan33185 said:

I guess I couldn't care less if it gets the job done. It's like people who care about 40 times for receivers. It doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't reliably catch the ball. The arm strength may be average, but as long as it gets where it needs to, it's all good.

Yep he's got excellent accuracy and enough arm to make all the throws he needs to. Brees never had a great arm, but he did alright for himself over the years.

• Like 3

Just now, Tk3 said:

This is an unexpected take..

Haven't watched much of LV since week 1, just haven't heard the name out there very much this season

He is averaging 100 yards a game and keeping defenses ridiculously honest. Basically the same effect Tyreek Hill has (in no way saying he’s anywhere close as good as Hill). 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yes, he successfully completed a medium length pass over the middle of the field

He put the ball where it needed to be, I guess it should have been faster? I mean, who cares how strong your arm is as long as it works? Do you think people complained because Jerry Rice wasn't blazing fast? (and no, I'm not comparing Mac Jones to Jerry Rice)

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is an unexpected take..

Haven't watched much of LV since week 1, just haven't heard the name out there very much this season

He's usually open, especially deep. Carr has missed him for a few long TD'S and huge chunk plays. Our O spreads the ball around a lot so he doesn't put up wild #s, at least not yet. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He is averaging 100 yards a game and keeping defenses ridiculously honest. Basically the same effect Tyreek Hill has (in no way saying he’s anywhere close as good as Hill). 

is this actually accurate?

but point taken - I didn't realize he is in the range he is, and I agree that his archetype can be game changing even off of the box score

I'll have to keep a better eye if he's starting to turn a corner after a disappointing (in my eyes) rookie season