Week 6 General Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

I guess I couldn't care less if it gets the job done. It's like people who care about 40 times for receivers. It doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't reliably catch the ball. The arm strength may be average, but as long as it gets where it needs to, it's all good.

Sure, but it likely caps his ceiling (there's always a chance he becomes Brees, so I don't want to say that it 100% does). There are going to be  throws that he can't consistently complete or may not be able to attempt. 

I think he'll be a fine starting QB, he's a guy you may not know what he is for sure until he's 26-27 to see how his mental game moves forward. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

is this actually accurate?

but point taken - I didn't realize he is in the range he is, and I agree that his archetype can be game changing even off of the box score

I'll have to keep a better eye if he's starting to turn a corner after a disappointing (in my eyes) rookie season

My bad, I thought we were at 5 games lol. So he’s probably around 85. But the Raiders have gone deep more than any team this season and it’s not close. And one of the reasons is because of Ruggs being able to win. Not bad in traffic either. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sure, but it likely caps his ceiling (there's always a chance he becomes Brees, so I don't want to say that it 100% does). There are going to be  throws that he can't consistently complete or may not be able to attempt. 

I think he'll be a fine starting QB, he's a guy you may not know what he is for sure until he's 26-27 to see how his mental game moves forward. 

Prime Brees had a great arm.

Just now, BayRaider said:

My bad, I thought we were at 5 games lol. So he’s probably around 85. But the Raiders have gone deep more than any team this season and it’s not close. And one of the reasons is because of Ruggs being able to win. Not bad in traffic either. 

it's still way more production than I realized

looks like he's out there running routes on more and more % of plays too. that's really promising

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:
6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He is averaging 100 yards a game and keeping defenses ridiculously honest. Basically the same effect Tyreek Hill has (in no way saying he’s anywhere close as good as Hill). 

is this actually accurate?

He's at 445 yards right now - so unless he missed two games or if you're factoring in return yards, he's not averaging 100.