GDT 10/17/21 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 4-1 Los Angeles Chargers

DreamKid

Roman is certainly downplaying Rashod's potential involvement here. His tone suggests that post bye/middle of November is when Bateman will actually be considered a part of the offense. Which is a bummer, but we'll see. We heard about the ramp up process for Hollywood and he lit up his debut.

So who knows 🤷‍♂️.

With the way our defense looked last week I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers try the exact same type of thing: RPO's and getting Averett 1v1 vs literally anyone and just throwing the ball at him all day long. Oh, and throwing screens at us with Ekeler.

Offensively, stopping Bosa is obviously number 1 priority but the matchup that worries me the most is Derwin James vs. Mark Andrews. James has all the athleticism in the world to win that matchup.

Unfortunately, the Chargers are perfectly built to slaughter us on Sunday. 

- Ekeler excels exactly where our defense is failing right now.

- Averret can really struggle against size at receiver, and he'll be seeing a lot of Mike Williams.

- Keenan Allen can feast in the middle of our defense.

- Herbert is cooking and their OL is much improved.

- Derwin James is one of the best at covering Tight Ends.

- Dealing with Bosa is a lot to ask of Mekari

- We seemingly can't run the football

- They have a lot of talent at DB

This team is only a couple plays away from being 1-4, a record that would be more representative of the kind of impact our injuries have had. If our only route to victory is Lamar passing for close to or over 400 behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league, we're going to start really losing some games here pretty soon. Especially when the defense gives up points nearly every drive. 

So I'm definitely not predicting a lot of sunshine for this one. Would love to be surprised though. Oweh continuing to stack would be awesome, he'll be going against fellow Rookie Rashawn Slater who's enjoying a a great start to his career as well. Any hype at all from Bateman would be amazing too 😄. Also Hollywood having a monster day might be our best shot at a dub, so look out for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

@RavensfanRD

Your favorite!! 😉

I mean, I do like these, but my personal favorite is White Top, Black pants!

Just hoping that Lamar, King of the North continues to carry the team in the purple backpack. Based on how the defense has been giving up like 30 a game, I expect a shootout. 

Chargers 34 - Good Guys 37

Let's go, boys!

6 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I mean, I do like these, but my personal favorite is White Top, Black pants!

Just hoping that Lamar, King of the North continues to carry the team in the purple backpack. Based on how the defense has been giving up like 30 a game, I expect a shootout. 

Chargers 34 - Good Guys 37

Let's go, boys!

I was trying to be sarcastic because I thought those were the one's you hated and frequently rant about. 🤔 Maybe I'm mixing it up because I think you said of your favorites those would be ranked last. I know there's one combo you truly despise though, up there with your Roman dislike.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I was trying to be sarcastic because I thought those were the one's you hated and frequently rant about. 🤔 Maybe I'm mixing it up because I think you said of your favorites those would be ranked last. I know there's one combo you truly despise though, up there with your Roman dislike.

Pretty sure its the reverse (white jersey, purple pants)

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Unfortunately, the Chargers are perfectly built to slaughter us on Sunday. 

- Ekeler excels exactly where our defense is failing right now.

- Averret can really struggle against size at receiver, and he'll be seeing a lot of Mike Williams.

- Keenan Allen can feast in the middle of our defense.

- Herbert is cooking and their OL is much improved.

- Derwin James is one of the best at covering Tight Ends.

- Dealing with Bosa is a lot to ask of Mekari

- We seemingly can't run the football

- They have a lot of talent at DB

This team is only a couple plays away from being 1-4, a record that would be more representative of the kind of impact our injuries have had. If our only route to victory is Lamar passing for close to or over 400 behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league, we're going to start really losing some games here pretty soon. Especially when the defense gives up points nearly every drive. 

So I'm definitely not predicting a lot of sunshine for this one. Would love to be surprised though. Oweh continuing to stack would be awesome, he'll be going against fellow Rookie Rashawn Slater who's enjoying a a great start to his career as well. Any hype at all from Bateman would be amazing too 😄. Also Hollywood having a monster day might be our best shot at a dub, so look out for that. 

True.

Though I don’t dislike the matchup of Tavon Young on Keenan Allen, they’re both quicker than fast options and Young has the kind of hands/play making ability that could deliver a big play interception at a critical time.

Hopefully Hump is put on shadow duty against Mike Williams and follows him wherever he goes. Then just put Averett on Guyton and hope he can have a bounce back performance more indicative of how he’s played this season.

I’ve got nothing for Ekeler, he could have an all time fantasy performance in this one. We have to worry about Jared Cook too, though maybe Patrick Queen could present a better cover against TEs than RBs and we can thus throw a safety on Ekeler? Either way it’s a huge mismatch.

With Derwin James, I’ll be interested to see how the Chargers decide to play it. He could cover Mark Andrews or he could be used as a Lamar spy. Using motion should reveal if he’s in man or zone. If zone, he’s probably spying Lamar, if man he’s probably on Andrews.

I think this will come down to our OL. Brandon Staley is a part of that Vic Fangio defensive coaching tree. So he might look to deploy a similar defensive game plan as the Broncos.

That said the Broncos are a top 10 DVOA defense, with personnel that were strong against the run. While the Chargers have the second worst DVOA defense against the run, with a top 10 pass defense. It’ll be interesting to see what they do with their run defense. If their run defensive struggles continue, we could simply lean on them with our rushing attack and keep Herbert on the sideline and our defense fresh.

Yet if they sell out against the run, it’ll be interesting what that looks like. Can they get away with it and still maintain their pass defensive efficiency or would it open them up for Lamar to dink and dunk them up and down the field, tiring out their pass rush, and making them far less formidable.

Too many ways this could go, coaching will be HUGE in this game. So will OL play, have to hope ours can hold up.

Edited by diamondbull424

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Pretty sure its the reverse (white jersey, purple pants)

My Jersey Ranking

• White jersey/Black Pants  (aka The Business as usual)
  • Purple Jersey/ Black Pants
  • All Black
  • Purple Jersey/White Pants
  • White Jersey/Purple Pants

The only one I truly dislike is the gold pant we never saw again. And I'm not a huge fan of the black jersey white bottom. Giving Philly Eagles

Just wish we'd wear the Purple top black bottom more. 

And to @ThatJaxxenGuy Queen should be benched. Flat out. I still got faith in him, but he's playing like dumpster juice.

I predict drama.

And somehow i foresee Derwin James getting roasted since everybody wanted him on this team. 

24-22 Ravens on a failed 2pt conversion by them Chargers. Lamar 120+ on the ground.

I hope Roman is smart enough to pick them apart TB12 style, take whats there. Should be lots of short yardage runs and passes on a D that typically takes away the deep field.