GDT 10/17/21 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 4-1 Los Angeles Chargers

DreamKid

FWIW While Queen didn't make PFF's Top 5 of the game thing I posted above because his 19 snaps didn't meet the 25 snap minimum, he did earn a 90.5 grade on those 19 snaps. Making him the 3rd highest graded LB of Week 6. Josh Bynes and Tyus Bowser also made the Top 15. Chris Board was Top 20. 

Big bounce back day for our LB core. Love to see it and I hope they build on it. Harbs acknowledged the improved performance, specifically mentioned Bynes calming everything down and allowing our young guys to think less. 

FB-xk_XX0AYh2Od?format=jpg&name=medium

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

He's always been good at this. And Hollywood has always been bad at this. Hollywood is shockingly terrible with the ball in his hands for someone who is elite at getting open. 

That's because he runs like he's afraid of contact

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

speaking of lamar in fantasy...he's been awful for me this year. I thought he was having a decent fantasy day considering the score but then realized outside of the Andrews touchdown he did basically nothing.

He's QB7 in fantasy but has been a really inconsistent scorer thanks to turnovers. 

Looking at the one league I have him in, he's been below average in 3 games and the best QB that week in 2 others. Makes it really hard to pick him when I also have Mahomes and Brady on the team (its a SF dynasty league)

32 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That's because he runs like he's afraid of contact

He's been much better this year in that regard. Talked about how long it was taking him to fully get over the Lisfranc issue and felt like just this offseason he was finally getting back to his college speed. Some of the MPH figures we've seen on him in 2021 reflect that too. That paired with Keith Williams telling him specifically that he doesn't need to play with that reserved style and that any play could be his last so fight for everything on every opportunity, was big. Marquise mentioned both of those things and said that he felt like he was letting defenders off the hook by just going down or out of bounds when he's capable of making them miss and gaining extra yards. All of that was on Lounge Podcast interview for the team site.

You can see him showing more fight after the catch now too. It's not like he was terrible on end around type stuff either. He's had some good plays for us in that area. IIRC He had one against the Pats in 2019 that went for 20+ yards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

FWIW While Queen didn't make PFF's Top 5 of the game thing I posted above because his 19 snaps didn't meet the 25 snap minimum, he did earn a 90.5 grade on those 19 snaps. Making him the 3rd highest graded LB of Week 6. Josh Bynes and Tyus Bowser also made the Top 15. Chris Board was Top 20. 

Big bounce back day for our LB core. Love to see it and I hope they build on it. Harbs acknowledged the improved performance, specifically mentioned Bynes calming everything down and allowing our young guys to think less. 

FB-xk_XX0AYh2Od?format=jpg&name=medium

Seemed like he wasn’t in on passing downs very much. Could be a building block. Let him just play downhill on run downs and not have to worry so much about dropping. Get his confidence up again and slowly let him loose