What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Peaky Blinders was a better show (first two seasons at least) but Taboo is still very good in its own right. Really can't wait for S2.

Yeah I would recommend Blinders to every human, but Taboo seems like it isn’t for everyone so far.  Kind of reminds me of Da Vinci’s Demons as far as the underlying  mysterious, supernatural elements.  I should probably finish the season before I make any judgements, but it is right in my wheel house.

On an unrelated note, anyone who doesn’t watch the Expanse probably should.  Easily the best show I rarely hear anyone talk about, and each season has been better than the last.

• Like 2

Episode 3 of when they see us had to be one of the most saddest and difficult episodes I have ever seen. Seriously that episode was amazing and some of the best material I’ve ever seen on TV. Just unreal writing and acting. Wow.. 100/100 everything was perfect. Series is phenomenal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Chernobyl might be the best mini series I've ever seen. Can't wait to listen to the podcast tomorrow, it's going to be great.

I'm giving Silicon Valley a go. So far, so good.

Silicon Valley is great, probably HBO's best comedy. 

• Like 2

when they see us made me choke and tear up more than any movie or show ever has. 

Truly a master piece. Netflix really outdid themselves.. Wow.. Just finished episode 4.. Will rewatch again in a few...

I just cant imagine the hardships these young gentlemen experience. 

ps. I never cry nor show emotion.. I guess the love the love their families and parents showed transcended

over the tv to real life. A mothers/father love is beyond measure. Sadly i didn't grow up with my folks, never had a chance to.

but i felt the power baby! tis was all there lol. The will to not give up when the world is crashing all around you, it's just next level.

these guys are true warriors/machos. 

Edited by El ramster
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Chernobyl is now #1 on IMDB's all-time TV rankings at a 9.7/10 rating with 140k reviews. Well deserved. 

It's a bit unfair that they get rated against shows that have as many seasons as Chernobyl had episodes - but I have yet to meet someone who wasn't blown away by this show. 

Even though you understand the outcome, watching it all play out was arguably some of the most tense television I've ever seen. 

On this note...

https://bgr.com/2019/06/05/chernobyl-hbo-tv-show-russia-makes-its-own-version-a-cia-spy-story/

I find this HILARIOUS.

49 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Well the 3 new episodes of Black Mirror are disappointing as hell..

They've clearly shifted their writing towards a larger demographic.

#MakeBlackMirrorGreatAgain

yeah, the 2nd one had a good buildup, and i was expecting a great reveal.....and we get that???

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, the 2nd one had a good buildup, and i was expecting a great reveal.....and we get that???

Yeah, I was really liking the 2nd one until it ended. 

I'm not sure I needed a Black Mirror episode to warn about the dangers of texting and driving. 

• Like 1