What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Wife made me start watching Don't F*** w/ Cats and it's kinda interesting. The filler content is super corny but most documentaries are like that. Will watch the final episode tonight where I'm hoping something kinda unexpected happens. Things are too straight-forward right now.

Based on sheer principle alone, do not watch this. It's only kinda interesting and there's no twists or anything. I'm not sure how my wife found out about this but I'm not happy I watched it. 

Here's the basis of the show (yes I'm spoiling it):

- Guy starts killing cats bc he wants attention

- People give him a ton of attention and he trolls them

- Kills more animals for more attention

- Eventually kills a person, cutting up their body and mailing parts around the country for attention

- What do these people do? Make a documentary about a guy killing people and animals for attention, giving him exactly what he wants. Attention.

Stupid, so stupid.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Based on sheer principle alone, do not watch this. It's only kinda interesting and there's no twists or anything. I'm not sure how my wife found out about this but I'm not happy I watched it. 

- Eventually kills a person, cutting up their body and mailing parts around the country for attention

- What do these people do? Make a documentary about a guy killing people and animals for attention, giving him exactly what he wants. Attention.

Stupid, so stupid.

Has an 8.2 on imdb somehow, thanks for informing me of this trash that should've never been made. Will avoid this. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Has an 8.2 on imdb somehow, thanks for informing me of this trash that should've never been made. Will avoid this. 

If I've helped one person, I've succeeded lol. I cannot understand that rating. It's mildly interesting but you're expecting this big turn or twist..... nope. Just giving a sadistic killer exactly what his twisted mind wanted in the first place..... 7 years after it happened. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Stupid, so stupid.

So, an accurate portrayal of the media? 

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

So, an accurate portrayal of the media? 

Correct. All of this took place in 2011-12 though so I don't feel the need to keep doing this almost a decade after it happened. This sadistic ****stain is probably loving his newfound popularity as a result of this corny documentary.

Part of the point of that documentary is to come to the exact conclusion you did and self examine the relationship we have with perpetuating the things about media that we all complain about. Basically, that what the media shows is what we demand while we talk about not wanting to see these things, or celebrate them, we still blindly jump in when they are available.

That may not have even been the intended point, but its what I took from it. It really highlighted my own hypocrisy in personal critique of media exploitation while also taking part in said exploitation. Like someone who waxes poetic about big corporations doing environmental damage and then drives to work rather than taking the bus because its less of a hassle. Its easier to shake our fist at something macro than make the harder micro decisions that actualize our beliefs. 

• Like 1

Binged the first three episodes of The Outsider tonight. Pretty good. Gets you in pretty early IMO contrary to those that say it's slow. I'll finish this for sure

Its really good, and not talked about enough IMO. Bateman really can direct, looking forward to more of his stuff. And Mendhelson is tremendous as always. Its Steven King, so you have to understand its going to get a lil wacky. But I like that, wacky can be good if done right. There are tons of dramatic, dark mooded cop shows out there. But one that is well done and has a horror / paranormal mystery element, thats a bit more rare. 

Also, rewatching Fargo S1. So good. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Watching Parks and Rec for the first time. Not sure what took me so long to watch this. Season 1 was kind of slow but season 2 has been pretty funny and I’m only 3 episodes in. 

Season 3 is one of the best seasons of TV ever. 

• Like 1