What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 1/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, THE DUKE said:

Watched the first two episodes of 911: Lonestar, and it's the same basic premise of the main 911 show, except they decided to remove all charm or likability from the characters.  You have to try hard to make Rob Lowe unlikable, but they managed it.  

I haven't seen the main 911 show. They're going a bit too heavy on the gay scenes (for me), but other than that, it's enjoyable. I've always liked the firefighting thing and Texas vibe, so it's in my wheelhouse. There seems to be at least 4 story threads going on in the series so far, between the Lowe's cancer, his sons issues, the original 126 FF PTSD dude, and Live Tyler's sister mystery. 

On 1/22/2020 at 6:35 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Its really good, and not talked about enough IMO. Bateman really can direct, looking forward to more of his stuff. And Mendhelson is tremendous as always. Its Steven King, so you have to understand its going to get a lil wacky. But I like that, wacky can be good if done right. There are tons of dramatic, dark mooded cop shows out there. But one that is well done and has a horror / paranormal mystery element, thats a bit more rare. 

I liked the pilot until...

...it became clear that the killer was going to be some weird shapeshifter alien or something and then I was out.  I didn't know it was Stephen King related until after I had watched it.  Honestly, I only checked it out bcuz I'm a fan of Bateman and Mendhelson and it looked like this might be a forensics investigation thriller along the lines of a series like True Detective or The Night Of.  A supernatural twist on it didn't interest me.

Edited by thrILL!

I liked the pilot until...

Ya, its Steven King so its going to get weird. Maybe keep giving it a shot, he has some supernatural content that is well sussed out rather than over the top. 

I understand that some people just punch the ticket when a show gets unexplainable though. I was like that but have started to love  horror / mysterious / sci-fy. 

Turned on The Grammy's for the first time in probably ten years and the first performance I see is an overweight woman in a one piece yelling "b!tch" to a 90s vintage jazz hip hop ballad.

You cant call her overweight. You have to celebrate it. Eating to excess and accepting a future of Type 2 Diabetes makes you strong. She living her best life. 

Just like when Robert Downey was doing his weight in cocaine. Clearly unhealthy things should be celebrated. Early 90's RDJ was a free spirited hero. 

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

You cant call her overweight. You have to celebrate it. Eating to excess and accepting a future of Type 2 Diabetes makes you strong. She living her best life. 

Just like when Robert Downey was doing his weight in cocaine. Clearly unhealthy things should be celebrated. Early 90's RDJ was a free spirited hero. 

Well, we don't want to hurt their feelings or anything.