What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

How long until The Wire gets going? Wife and I have heard nothing but excellent things about this show and usually premieres will get you hooked. The first episode was good but not anything that really grabbed us in. We're going to keep moving but felt like I should ask as her attention span is far less than mine lol. 

39 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

How long until The Wire gets going? Wife and I have heard nothing but excellent things about this show and usually premieres will get you hooked. The first episode was good but not anything that really grabbed us in. We're going to keep moving but felt like I should ask as her attention span is far less than mine lol. 

The Wire is a slow burn.  There are so many characters, so many storylines going on throughout the series.  

I know it will seem like you're plodding along, but it the tentacles of the different storylines will definitely wrap you up in the lives of the characters, and squeeze you.  

OK.....that line was after just my first cup of coffee, and I've got 5 loads of laundry to fold this morning.  :/ 

Bottom line, stick with it.  This show will have you cheering for criminals.  It'll have you booing public officials.  You'll have your heartstrings tugged, and your heart broken.  But it is worth the ride.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

The Wire is a slow burn.  There are so many characters, so many storylines going on throughout the series.  

I know it will seem like you're plodding along, but it the tentacles of the different storylines will definitely wrap you up in the lives of the characters, and squeeze you.  

OK.....that line was after just my first cup of coffee, and I've got 5 loads of laundry to fold this morning.  :/ 

Bottom line, stick with it.  This show will have you cheering for criminals.  It'll have you booing public officials.  You'll have your heartstrings tugged, and your heart broken.  But it is worth the ride.

Thanks for the heads up. We like a lot of actors in the show and I have a feeling she'll want to keep going on based on that but just in case she got bored, I wanted to ensure I had something to tell her to keep her going lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Tiger King is gonna be the next thing that everyone has seen except me

I have no desire to watch it either. If my wife makes me, I'll do it but we just started The Wire so we've got 5 seasons of this to get through first (assuming). She'll probably forget about it by then

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I honestly wasn't hooked until episode 8, keep with it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Have any of ya'll seen Umbrella Academy? I was ready to give up on it but the last 2 episodes were pretty damn good. Hopefully, next season is more of the same and less cheesy. 

I enjoyed it a lot. Made me go out and buy the comics. The show is 10x better.

• Like 1