What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Finished Mad Men for the first time a few weeks ago. It moved so slowly at first and I was expecting a lot more through the first 3 seasons. By the time I got to the end I felt very sad that it was over and I felt connected to the characters, like I cared about what happened to them. 

I started Sons of Anarchy again and I am remember why I enjoyed this show so much when it aired the first time.

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think what crushed me the most was seeing the one kid become the bully in that group home. You could see how his faith in humanity just deteriorated until he was just another dude in the streets without a purpose.

The series is brilliant in how realistically it captures so many facets of Baltimore. So many indictments against police work (juking the stats vs doing real work), the school system (focusing on a standardized test vs actual teaching), politics (forced to assimilate into the broken system vs actually making a difference) and more.  It is a slow burn with next level content but if that’s a problem, maybe ppl should stick to safe & predictable procedurals like CSI that don’t challenge you at all. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Finished Mad Men for the first time a few weeks ago. It moved so slowly at first and I was expecting a lot more through the first 3 seasons. By the time I got to the end I felt very sad that it was over and I felt connected to the characters, like I cared about what happened to them. 

I started Sons of Anarchy again and I am remember why I enjoyed this show so much when it aired the first time.

MadMen was a slow burn but I never got bored with the sure. I agree about caring for the characters. After Don divorced the first time he should’ve went back to that teacher. 

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think what crushed me the most was seeing the one kid become the bully in that group home. You could see how his faith in humanity just deteriorated until he was just another dude in the streets without a purpose.

Yeah the kid that ended up in the group home I really felt bad for, I enjoyed his character. Meanwhile his friend who pretended to be a tough kid ends up with the nice family.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

MadMen was a slow burn but I never got bored with the sure. I agree about caring for the characters. After Don divorced the first time he should’ve went back to that teacher. 

I really wanted Don to end up with Megan. I think that I felt worst about her and Henry - both of them were just good people that fell into the chaos of the Drapers. 

I also struggled at times watching the last few seasons because we cancelled our 10 year anniversary trip to CA due to COVID. Watching the show explore CA as a "frontier" gave me major FOMO/anxiety.

19 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Yeah the kid that ended up in the group home I really felt bad for, I enjoyed his character. Meanwhile his friend who pretended to be a tough kid ends up with the nice family.

"Life Ain't Fair" kinda thing, I felt like. I was still happy that one kid got out and had a safe family, but damn the one kid's house gets set on fire, he loses everything, gets booted to a group home and becomes a street bully as a result of it.

Don’t get me wrong, the Wire was pretty decent. I didn’t hate it. I just didn’t think it was the greatest ever. I think my biggest knock on it was characters doing 180’s to fulfill the new plot each season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

I’m midway through S2 of Westworld. They got me with the old masterBait and Switch by having countless tiddies in S1 to pull me in and then like none in S2

I finished S2 and liked it a lot. If you're confused by this (and I feel like everyone who wasn't involved in creating the show would be) watch Alt Shift Xs videos on them. They helped me a lot lol. If you go to S3, I'm curious to see what you think. 

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I finished S2 and liked it a lot. If you're confused by this (and I feel like everyone who wasn't involved in creating the show would be) watch Alt Shift Xs videos on them. They helped me a lot lol. If you go to S3, I'm curious to see what you think. 

I’m not sure if I’m confused by anything quite yet. Maybe I am. Maybe I’m so confused that I don’t know I’m confused or something. But it seems prettt straight forward at the moment 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

I’m not sure if I’m confused by anything quite yet. Maybe I am. Maybe I’m so confused that I don’t know I’m confused or something. But it seems prettt straight forward at the moment 

I'm rather analytical but that show had me all over the place lol. You're probably just better at realizing crap than I am

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm rather analytical but that show had me all over the place lol. You're probably just better at realizing crap than I am

I think I just have less questions as it goes cause I know they’ll be revealed later on. In general tho I do research everything I watch after I’m done watching it. Even if it’s the most simple cut and dry plot there is, I like to see what is said about everything, especially in case I missed anything.

Like with the dude that said Dukie becomes Bubbles in The Wire, I understood Bubbles got clean and that Dukie became a homeless junkie, but I didn’t notice that Dukie replaced Bubbles in that role and that everything in the streets is cyclical, making every effort almost pointless

Edited by Tyty