What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I think I just have less questions as it goes cause I know they’ll be revealed later on. In general tho I do research everything I watch after I’m done watching it. Even if it’s the most simple cut and dry plot there is, I like to see what is said about everything, especially in case I missed anything.

Reveal hidden contents

Like with the dude that said Dukie becomes Bubbles in The Wire, I understood Bubbles got clean and that Dukie became a homeless junkie, but I didn’t notice that Dukie replaced Bubbles in that role and that everything in the streets is cyclical, making every effort almost pointless

Yeah I didn't even put two and two together at the end of the "hidden content" show until Duke made that comment and then it clicked. I miss easy stuff at times lol. I was really disappointed when I realized D was going down that path. I really liked that kid. I felt 4 was the best season bc of all of them. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, Tyty said:

I finished the Wire yesterday. Not sure how I feel about it. It was so highly touted that I expected it to blow me away but the seasons were all dry and boring til the last couple episodes. Maybe its excellence went over my head. Omar went out in such a lame way. Not a bad show but not the greatest show of all time. 

An unpopular opinion, but I agree. No regrets on watching it, but I came away with less than the "wow, that was great!" feels.

Same for MadMen, really.. though after 4.5-5 seasons, I just bailed on it. Just too boring, and I didn't see why they bothered. 

We finished The Night Manager a few days ago... HATED IT. It was like some extended lame B movie you'd expect from an old USA movie. Hugh Laurie is awesome, but the rest was just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

An unpopular opinion, but I agree. No regrets on watching it, but I came away with less than the "wow, that was great!" feels.

Same for MadMen, really.. though after 4.5-5 seasons, I just bailed on it. Just too boring, and I didn't see why they bothered. 

We finished The Night Manager a few days ago... HATED IT. It was like some extended lame B movie you'd expect from an old USA movie. Hugh Laurie is awesome, but the rest was just ridiculous. 

Mad men definitely has a fall off in quality and kinda loses its focus. But Don Draper ends up having a kinda neat ending 

58 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Mad men definitely has a fall off in quality and kinda loses its focus. But Don Draper ends up having a kinda neat ending 

and from a smoker for three decades, that quit nearly 3 years ago.. it can still be irritating to see people lighting up every 30 seconds. :P 

On 5/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, oldman9er said:

Season 1 of DEAD TO ME with Christina Applegate. 

We didn't expect much, but to our surprise, it has been enjoyable. I can see a scenario forming that could make it crash soon.. but it's been good so far.  winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

My wife and I really enjoyed that, but there were also a lot of cringy decisions made by the characters, but that is somewhat par for the course I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

My wife and I really enjoyed that, but there were also a lot of cringy decisions made by the characters, but that is somewhat par for the course I guess.

Yeah, this second season (mid-way through) has dipped a bit, but still good enough so far. I try and remind myself that without some of the ridiculously cringy decisions made, there would be no real avenues for the show.. or at least not that typically comes to my mind. 

spoilers below:

The excessive crying and pining these women have for abusive jackarse men now out of their lives.. is irritating. 

Her oldest son is such a ******. She should have forced him back to grandma.

The actor is fine, but the idea of an identicallish twin brother never mentioned before??? GtFo with that.

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

So excited, the show is a masterpiece. 

My wife and I watched Season 1. I enjoyed it. She did too, but not overly, so we've taken a break for season 2. We'll get back to it and then go to season 3 I imagine.

Currently though, we're running through Veep. The cast is amazing in their roles.

Currently though, we're running through Veep. The cast is amazing in their roles.

Veep is great. But its funny to go from Veep to Dark, dont think two shows could be more opposite lol

That Waco mini series was wild.

I thought it was very good and was surprised it sort of slipped through the cracks. Prior to True Detective Season 2 Taylor Kirtsch was seen as one of the bigger up and coming actors but his star faded after that cluster (Not to mention his entire character arc in that show was unnecessary and played zero plot moving role). I think he was great in Waco. The show did a great job at showing both sides of a tragic story, the insanity of the cult leaders and the unnecessary violence the ATF caused. The whole Waco story has been hijacked by people on the far sides of each political spectrum when in reality fault lies all around.