What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Started a rewatch of Seinfeld on Hulu, only about 1.5 episodes in so far, and it's still in the awkward feeling out phase, but even then I've laughed more than I have at this on a rewatch than I have at any other sitcom in recent memory outside of Brooklyn 99.

59 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Started a rewatch of Seinfeld on Hulu, only about 1.5 episodes in so far, and it's still in the awkward feeling out phase, but even then I've laughed more than I have at this on a rewatch than I have at any other sitcom in recent memory outside of Brooklyn 99.

Similar for me but I'm rewatching Cheers from the start. Forgot how hilarious it was. Especially the early seasons with Coach. I've never been able to get into Seinfeld. Caught a few episodes here and there over the years but it just never resonated with me.

17 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Rewatching 24.  Finally into season 8, waiting for that moment when they decided to cut off all loose ends from previous seasons.

God, I loved this scene from season 8. Logan's fear.  I had the audio of his "That's Jack Bauer........don't just stand there, he's coming for me!" For a ringtone of a buddy who also was a 24 fan for a few years.

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

God, I loved this scene from season 8. Logan's fear.  I had the audio of his "That's Jack Bauer........don't just stand there, he's coming for me!" For a ringtone of a buddy who also was a 24 fan for a few years.

One of there top 3 for sure.

1.  Taking down the Drazens in season 1 when nina told him Kim was dead

2. The Logan scene

3.  The scene in like season 6 where he climbed under the garbage truck, rode to the Russains meeting spot, then he killed them all.  The Ricky Schroeder walked in and said "Damn Jack_

My wife was watching the Crisis Earth episodes of DC's TV shows yesterday (Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, etc).

Holy Moses it was bad.  I suppose it would have made sense had i watched a single episode of any of those shows, but it was just nonsensical.  And the fight scenes - wow.  I can't even begin to describe in words how bad it was.

32 minutes ago, theJ said:

My wife was watching the Crisis Earth episodes of DC's TV shows yesterday (Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, etc).

Holy Moses it was bad.  I suppose it would have made sense had i watched a single episode of any of those shows, but it was just nonsensical.  And the fight scenes - wow.  I can't even begin to describe in words how bad it was.

Those shows have slowly devolved over the seasons.  We got out about 3 seasons ago.  The first 3 seasons of Arrow and the first couple seasons of The Flash were a lot of fun, but after that it just got more and more ridiculous and sloppy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Those shows have slowly devolved over the seasons.  We got out about 3 seasons ago.  The first 3 seasons of Arrow and the first couple seasons of The Flash were a lot of fun, but after that it just got more and more ridiculous and sloppy.

The writers could learn a lot from shows like Daredevil.  You don't need a new villain every episode.  Slow down, take your time with it.  Take the whole season to get to know the villain.  Give it actual stakes.  Really explore the inner works of the protagonists.

Instead they wrote it like NCIS with superpowers.  Every episode a new threat, each less threatening than the last because you know in 30 minutes it's going to be resolved.

And yeah, it got really sloppy.  I caught a little bit of the Flash, early on.  It had some structure and was going somewhere.  The later seasons are just...not that.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:53 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'm on Season 5 of Brooklyn 99 and I've laughed 2 maybe 3 times and they were all because of Chelsea's character.

Edited by TENINCH

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

I'm on Season 5 of Brooklyn 99 and I've laughed 2 maybe 3 times and they were all because of Chelsea's character.

Differing tastes I guess, she's the worst character on the show for me.  And why would you watch 5 seasons of a show you don't find funny?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, Cheesehawk said:

I always heard this was amazing just that it requires all of your attention. Definitely bout to put this on the list to start in mid June 

It requires 100% of your full undivided attention but it is 200% worth it.

I would also highly recommend watching it in German with subtitles rather than the English voiceover.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:31 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Veep is great. But its funny to go from Veep to Dark, dont think two shows could be more opposite lol

I thought it was very good and was surprised it sort of slipped through the cracks. Prior to True Detective Season 2 Taylor Kirtsch was seen as one of the bigger up and coming actors but his star faded after that cluster (Not to mention his entire character arc in that show was unnecessary and played zero plot moving role). I think he was great in Waco. The show did a great job at showing both sides of a tragic story, the insanity of the cult leaders and the unnecessary violence the ATF caused. The whole Waco story has been hijacked by people on the far sides of each political spectrum when in reality fault lies all around. 

Lol to the 2nd point