What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

you definitely have to sit back and not think to critically about this show but I liked the characters. 

I know, it's just getting more and more ridiculous as the show goes on. I do like the characters though. I just couldn't get over:

when the police had them trapped in the house and had a "perimeter" set, but somehow he just walks out the back yard. Then they have them trapped at the burning church and AGAIN they walk out the back door lol like holy crap dude figure it out!

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

About to start The Plot Against America

Read the book and loved it so I'm hoping the show does it justice.

I didn't read the book so I can't comment on that comparison. 

The biggest problem for me with the series was the amount of air time devoted to a bunch of soap opera side plots. When the show stuck to the main plot it was gripping. If soap operas are not your thing you might want to just FF through the parts where Winona Ryder is type cast as a ditsy old maid desperately seeking a husband.

Edited by TVScout

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Good to see I'm not the only one who waited a very long time to watch it lol. Did so last year, I think. Definitely some meh seasons but overall, good show. Enjoy!

Definitely liking it so far. That Sawyer is such a rascal.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watched most of The Outer Banks this weekend. Pretty solid show overall as far as a storyline goes, but my goodness man the police in this show are completely incompetent AND DOES ANYONE IN THIS ENTIRE TOWN EVER EAT?!

I disliked how they made the last few episodes spiral out and made it quite clear they had no intention of closing some of the main plotlines before the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I disliked how they made the last few episodes spiral out and made it quite clear they had no intention of closing some of the main plotlines before the end of the season.

apparently season 2 is already written, they just dont have an official renewal yet. Viewer numbers would suggest another season, take that for what its worth. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Agreed I didn’t like the ending to OB at all.

Edited by Fresh Prince

12 hours ago, TVScout said:

I didn't read the book so I can't comment on that comparison. 

The biggest problem for me with the series was the amount of air time devoted to a bunch of soap opera side plots. When the show stuck to the main plot it was gripping. If soap operas are not your thing you might want to just FF through the parts where Winona Ryder is type cast as a ditsy old maid desperately seeking a husband.

I haven't read the book in years but, IIRC, that's exactly how she was portrayed in the book so it makes sense.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, RuskieTitan said:

On 6/4/2020 at 10:10 AM, Deadpulse said:

apparently season 2 is already written, they just dont have an official renewal yet. Viewer numbers would suggest another season, take that for what its worth. 

21 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed I didn’t like the ending to OB at all.

Absolutely agreed about not liking the ending. It felt SUPER rushed and incomplete. Reminded me of Dexter, tbh. If there's a season 2, they basically have to start S2 by giving a proper ending to S1.