What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Maybe it just doesn't age well.... not sure, but I'm not sure why so many people consider The Sopranos one of the best shows in the history of TV. We're on S4 now and it's good but nothing spectacular. I found The Wire to be so much better. There's moments in The Sopranos that I'm like "oh shhhh" but it's not anything too great from an emotional standpoint. I liked The Wire's characters far, far more. Still got time to go but S4 has started off slow. Maybe it's just Janice. I found the more she's not on my screen, the more I enjoy the show. I do love her tattoo though. I can't think of a better place for it and just marvel at how great it is every time I see it on my TV.

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 3

One of the shows we've been watching lately is Homecoming on I believe Prime. 

Not really impressed. In between the weird and ill-suited background music, it's a long season 1 so far. Julia Roberts is getting harder to enjoy looking at so often, it's slow, and really could have been thrown together in a 2 hour movie version. Just my opinion; the wife is slightly more intrigued with it than I. 

Good bit into season 1 of The Expanse. Pretty good. 

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Just finished Weeds. Very good show. Very comparable to Shameless with a bit more drama. 

You know, I need to give this another shot. I used to love the show but then when all that happened to U Turn, I stopped watching lol. It's been a very long time but I might do it again. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You know, I need to give this another shot. I used to love the show but then when all that happened to U Turn, I stopped watching lol. It's been a very long time but I might do it again. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder

It’s a solid show. I won’t put it in my top 10 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. After where you left off there was one season I didn’t care for , but it was nothing terrible that I thought about stopping for. 

I'm in the middle of season 6 of Blue Bloods now and they have actually developed some good long term character progression.  The Reagan family is still a little bit too much law enforcement Jesus for believability, but there have been some good story arcs and i'm still pretty engaged in the show.

Wrapped up Lucifer, had a poor Season 3, but season 4 was good again. Waiting for season 5 to come out on Netflix.

Started The Witcher series. That is a bit all over the place and not in a good way. They expect some lore knowledge that they shouldn't in their storytelling. I'll continue it, but probably not my wife.

And then started Black Butler, it's okay thus far, simplistic in terms of it's story, but not bad.

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s a solid show. I won’t put it in my top 10 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. After where you left off there was one season I didn’t care for , but it was nothing terrible that I thought about stopping for. 

I was head over heels for it as a teenager but haven’t seen it since then. I imagine if I like it these days it might be mostly due to nostalgia

Watching the newest season of 13 Reasons Why because binge watching bad TV is my life. A can't get over how inaccurately this show portrays the high school experience. It takes all the bad tropes from 80s teenager movies and ramps up the dials in a modern setting. Those tropes weren't accurate when I was in high school 15 years ago, they sure aren't now. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

Didn't want to "lose" this in the "other" sports section, but for those of you craving some live sports, Australian Rules Football is starting back up on Thursday morning (set your DVR, as that game begins at 5:40 a.m.).  FS1 is carrying 4 games, and FS2 another this weekend, so 5 of the 9 contests will be televised here in the states.  I've been a fan now for about 4 years, and my love for the game gave me the incentive to start a footy podcast (A Yank on the Footy) back in December.  I posted a link to the "footy thread" here on FF, which has some great videos explaining the game.  

https://www.afana.com/ - is a great site to help keep track of what games are being broadcast here in the states.  

Maybe next week, someone will post in this very thread that they're watching one of these games.  :) 

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Watching the newest season of 13 Reasons Why because binge watching bad TV is my life. A can't get over how inaccurately this show portrays the high school experience. It takes all the bad tropes from 80s teenager movies and ramps up the dials in a modern setting. Those tropes weren't accurate when I was in high school 15 years ago, they sure aren't now. 

Shouldn’t ended after season two honestly. They’ve completely changed the show from what the message of season one was about.