What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

10 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Designated Survivor. Finished up Season 1 on Hulu, following real time now. It's "House of Cards" meets "Homeland". REALLY good show, Keifer Sutherland and Kal Penn are really good, and Italia Ricci is just WAY too fun to look at.

Season 1 was excellent. The first episode of #2 seems to be a different show. I expected S2E1 to pick up exactly where S1 ended. I don't want to issue any spoilers but I wanted to see how the authorities handled that massive hack. Instead it went off on that stupid Russia/Ukraine tangent. 

22 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Season 1 was excellent. The first episode of #2 seems to be a different show. I expected S2E1 to pick up exactly where S1 ended. I don't want to issue any spoilers but I wanted to see how the authorities handled that massive hack. Instead it went off on that stupid Russia/Ukraine tangent. 

I think that was kind of the recipe of the show - in the midst of the chaos of the big stuff, there these "little" (by context) things that have nothing to do with the big things, but demand the same time and effort to resolve. 

I think overall - it's showing the molding of Tom Kirkman from pragmatic, reluctant leader into something else. (I'd prefer to see him morph into a Francis Underwood type, but don't see that happening...)

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think that was kind of the recipe of the show - in the midst of the chaos of the big stuff, there these "little" (by context) things that have nothing to do with the big things, but demand the same time and effort to resolve. 

I think overall - it's showing the molding of Tom Kirkman from pragmatic, reluctant leader into something else. (I'd prefer to see him morph into a Francis Underwood type, but don't see that happening...)

S1 was more tense and edgy. S2E1 seems to have too much farce. Virginia Madsen needs to be brought back also. Her character was critical to the atmosphere and cannot be replaced.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TVScout said:

S1 was more tense and edgy. S2E1 seems to have too much farce.

Eh, I can agree to this. If they're going for another 20+ episodes, probably best to spread out the tense/edgy moments. I'll say that the humor seems a bit forced now, which is always a death knell for shows like this.

50 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Virginia Madsen needs to be brought back also. Her character was critical to the atmosphere and cannot be replaced.

Agreed 100%, but wondering what her role would be following S1. I'd like to see a bit of a heel turn/face turn with Madsen's character swapping places with Geoff Pierson's role - Hookstraten becoming the trusted advisor, Moss turning into to political shark looking to undermine Kirkman.

Just watched the 1st season of Versailles.

The story is about the legendary Louis XIV aka The Sun King. Portrayed by George Blagden who many of you "Vikings" will know also as Ragnarr Lodbrok's trusty sidekick Athelstan. 

Louis XIV had the idea of building the grandest palace in the world for many different purposes and it represents many of his ambitions coming to fruition. Really a brilliant man for his time, and one of the brighter political minds of the last few hundred years.

The show itself is a decent enough make, I certainly wouldn't put it up there with the likes of Game of Thrones  or Vikings for that matter. But it has some good actors in it. The only real drawback to the series itself is the script writing, which takes on some cliche and poor characters that serve no real purpose. But if you are a history buff, I would suggest give it a go for the entertainment purposes. It's not bad by any means, and Blagden does a good job at creating his own image of the Sun King.

On 9/21/2017 at 5:03 PM, 1BackInBlackFan said:

The Vietnam War on PBS.

I DVRed it and am about half way through E9. It is extremely difficult to watch. Even brutal to see what the troops had to go through. So far the most important episode is #1 because it explained how France  dragged the USA into the war.

Episode 4 of The Orville was definitely the best. I think Im going to ride with it for the rest of the season. Ive seen enough good.

Watched the first two episodes of Inhumans this morning and damn it was beyond bad. One of the worst openings for a show Ive seen in a long time. It was boring as hell. CGI was awful, and the choreography of the fights were flat out embarrassing.