What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

10 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Oh yea I’ve seen it before it’s just a great show and I was loving the rewatch I was picking up more and more and all of a sudden turns out it’s gone from Netflix and I am shattered I wish I’d know I could have started this a month ago. It’s just a great show though. 

I know, right?  And there was no warning at all on Netflix that it was leaving soon until the day before it was gone.  I finished ep 9 and when I was done, it was past midnight and wouldn't let me watch any more.  I have the first 4 seasons on blu-ray boxed sets but my buddy borrowed them years ago and never gave them back.  Getting them back has been a monumental effort.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

When I watched scrubs as a kid I thought Carla was unattractive and looked old but rewatching it now, she was fine AF. Same with Elliot and Jordan. 

I thought the same thing when I was younger. Started watching Scrubs in HS. I think it might be less an age thing and more a maturing thing for me. My taste in the opposite sex was so myopic back then. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Just finished Dexter. Pretty good show overall... but dear god that ending was trash.

Completely ruined what was, the first four seasons especially, one of the greatest shows ever made. S4 is one of my tops all time. Lithgow was so, so good!! And that ending!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
On 6/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Just finished Dexter. Pretty good show overall... but dear god that ending was trash.

Maybe the worst ever. 

Game of Thrones gives it a run for the money, but yeah, in my time of watching shows, those two finales (GOT more-so the final season) stick out as the worst that I've seen.

Edited by RuskieTitan
Edit: In terms of a show being really good and then disappointing / failure of an ending
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Game of Thrones gives it a run for the money, but yeah, in my time of watching shows, those two finales (GOT more-so the final season) stick out as the worst that I've seen.

It sure does. The difference for me, I think? I knew GoT was going to suck. It just had for awhile. I didn't expect Dexter to jump off the cliff like it did. Call it naive on my end there.

• Like 1

Dexter's ending was just so dumb. And I'm usually ok with shows ending on a "meh" note. The last season wasn't great, but the final episode was just wtf moment after wtf moment. It didn't even make sense. It was literally the worst ending anyone could have constructed for a show that I loved, even through the perceived "bad" seasons.

What didn't help it was that Breaking Bad absolutely killed it with the ending of their series...on the same exact night. Those were my two favorite shows at the time and seeing Dexter go down like that while Breaking Bad went out in a literal blaze or glory just left such a horrible Dexter taste in my mouth.

Better Call Saul is an elite show, right there with Breaking Bad in quality. It has a much slower burn, but man does it hit all the right buttons. Those that liked the frenetic pace of BB might be turned off by it at first (I know that's how I felt through 3 seasons), but once season 4 hits, it's off to the races. And Season 5 is probably my favorite season of any tv show. Maybe season 4 of Dexter or 5 of BB...

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dexter's ending was just so dumb. And I'm usually ok with shows ending on a "meh" note. The last season wasn't great, but the final episode was just wtf moment after wtf moment. It didn't even make sense. It was literally the worst ending anyone could have constructed for a show that I loved, even through the perceived "bad" seasons.

What didn't help it was that Breaking Bad absolutely killed it with the ending of their series...on the same exact night. Those were my two favorite shows at the time and seeing Dexter go down like that while Breaking Bad went out in a literal blaze or glory just left such a horrible Dexter taste in my mouth.

Better Call Saul is an elite show, right there with Breaking Bad in quality. It has a much slower burn, but man does it hit all the right buttons. Those that liked the frenetic pace of BB might be turned off by it at first (I know that's how I felt through 3 seasons), but once season 4 hits, it's off to the races. And Season 5 is probably my favorite season of any tv show. Maybe season 4 of Dexter or 5 of BB...

Yeah, the writers for Better Call Saul arent even fair.

No way they should have been able to do so perfect on whats essentially a prequel

I prefer BB, but the level of difficultly in getting BCS just a notch below (IMO) is much higher

On 6/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, RuskieTitan said:

You may like Hannibal if you haven’t yet seen it. It has a similar vibe.

Im watching it again now that it’s on Netflix 

• Like 1