What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/23/2017 at 2:42 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

dude that plays Ed Kemper just KILLS it in Episode 2.

I've tried to give mindhunter a chance to get good, but im giving up after 3 episodes. but yeah the ed kemper scenes were the only time i think i wasn't zoning out. i've never been able to get into any shows like this. get so bored. 

Rewatching Boardwalk Empire.

This may have the best 1st season out of any TV show I have ever watched. 

It's freaking criminal what they did to the ending seasons.

You think it got that bad? Outside the undue amount of time spent on the female storylines (And I say that as someone that has no issues with female storylines obviously, they just simply were not that interesting in this show) I thought it remained quite good up until the end. Too many flashbacks though. I particularily liked the performance of Bobby Cannaville.

The seasons definatley decline from great to good but criminal would be a stretch IMO.

^The final season was an absolute dumpster fire. I believe HBO cut the show short and that's why that happened.

I dunno exactly what the problem with that show was, but it was missing something. It didn't have the "it" of all my favorite shows. So much about it was great, but I just don't have the same feel I do when I watch other great shows.

4 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

weirdly underrated imo

I think people mislabeled it as a bad show because they were expecting another Eastbound and Down. if you went in with that mindset, you were going to be disappointed. If you were just excited for Vice Principals, you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 5:19 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

You think it got that bad? Outside the undue amount of time spent on the female storylines (And I say that as someone that has no issues with female storylines obviously, they just simply were not that interesting in this show) I thought it remained quite good up until the end. Too many flashbacks though. I particularily liked the performance of Bobby Cannaville.

The seasons definatley decline from great to good but criminal would be a stretch IMO.

First season was near flawless. It was great up until they killed Jimmy then for some reason it started going downhill. 

The over the top badguy Gyp in season 3 really started the downfall. And Cannaville wasn't even acting bad, the character just seemed to far stretched in what seemed like a roidrage bender for the entire season. Valentin in season 4 was definitely better although I argue with the amount of influence he had. H/e they started watering down the depth, chemistry and just overall characters of the entire series and made almost the primary focus on Nucky himself. 

They did some justice to Capone, but not nearly enough to Lucky who was arguably the most infleuntial gangster of all time. His character and plot which should have really been built up since season 4 or even 3. Exploded out of nowhere in season 5. He spent like 3 seasons basically cowering anytime he even heard the name Joe "The Boss" and rightfully so, but all of a sudden he had this grand scheme to overthrow him?

And Nucky? He got B-slapped around for season 4 and 5. But always had just enough connections to get himself out of trouble when he needed too? Everything seemed choppy and rushed. Season 5 looked like some sitcom hack threw it together and was in way over their head.