What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

29 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was so disappointed with the show. Stopped around season 3 I think.

Season 3 was very good actually.  I moved during s4 and never got around to finishing the series.  So I watched the epic s3 finale again and started into s4.  

Just got finished re-watching all 3 seasons of Dark Matter on Netflix . Really sad that SyFy cancelled this one. Really one of the better scifi shows of the last decade.

Re-watching The Expanse on Prime now. Should finish the first two seasons by the weekend.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, Tyty said:

Give up after S1 and make up your own ending 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, thrILL! said:

100x this.  There are a handful of excellent episodes going fwd but it's better this way.

Is this because I'm going to be upset about it when it's over?

I'm too invested in it at this point. I'm at the part where they separated into two factions. One getting "rescued" be a freighter offshore and one following Locke.

A few thoughts:
- Kate is annoying. So is Juliet tbh.
- Didn't think Charlie's exit was going to hit me that hard since they built it up for so long, but man that was tough to watch.
- The whole parallel universe thing is going to piss me off, but it is what it is.
- Desmond is the best character on the show.

9 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm too invested in it at this point. I'm at the part where they separated into two factions. One getting "rescued" be a freighter offshore and one following Locke.

A few thoughts:
- Didn't think Charlie's exit was going to hit me that hard since they built it up for so long, but man that was tough to watch.
- The whole parallel universe thing is going to piss me off, but it is what it is.

The fall off is more significant than any other show ever. Starts out amazing and ends up complete trash 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

A few thoughts:

Don't listen to them, there are dips just like any show, but it's great throughout.  I personally loved the ending, and in my experience it seems about 50/50 love/hate the ending, and almost no one seems to be in the middle.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Don't listen to them, there are dips just like any show, but it's great throughout.  I personally loved the ending, and in my experience it seems about 50/50 love/hate the ending, and almost no one seems to be in the middle.

It was totally convoluted and felt like the writers woke up the morning of shooting after a night of doing pcp and were like oh **** we still needed to write what happens 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

It was totally convoluted and felt like the writers woke up the morning of shooting after a night of doing pcp and were like oh **** we still needed to write what happens 

The hatch was one of the coolest ideas ever in a show and it’s like even the writers didn’t know what to do with it.  The show completely fell off a cliff after the first season. 

On 7/6/2020 at 10:33 AM, THE DUKE said:

What's a good network series that is on Hulu or Netflix?  My wife doesn't like anything too intense (gore or horror) so odds are she wouldn't want the HBO/TV-MA type shows (Breaking Bad was about the limit of what she prefers).  We're almost through season 8 of Blue Bloods, and I need to start thinking about what's next.

Unfortunately not on Hulu or Netflix but is on Prime though IMDb, my wife and I enjoy Midsomer Murders. It's a British crime procedural. Episodes are 90 min long but the seasons are only 6 episodes. 20 Seasons worth but not all may be available.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, thrILL! said:

Season 3 was very good actually.  I moved during s4 and never got around to finishing the series.  So I watched the epic s3 finale again and started into s4.  

I loved Boardwalk Empire.  If you've invested alot of time, the payoff is definitely worth it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Unfortunately not on Hulu or Netflix but is on Prime though IMDb, my wife and I enjoy Midsomer Murders. It's a British crime procedural. Episodes are 90 min long but the seasons are only 6 episodes. 20 Seasons worth but not all may be available.

@THE DUKE Here's what I'd recommend on AcornTV.  The entire run of Midsomer Murders , all 21 seasons (along with a TON of great British/Aussie series) are on AcornTV.  It is about $6 a month, and it is my go to streaming service.  I highly recommend Detectorists {one of the most enjoyable comedies I've ever watched}, Jack Irish, Line of Duty, Doc Martin, George Gently, Foyle's War,  London Kills, Wire in the Blood [which I love, but may be a bit rough], Raised by Wolves).

I HIGHLY recommend Midsomer Murders as well.  One of the nice things about many of the British detective series is, as @SirA1 mentioned, each episode is basically a movie.  There's a great deal of depth to the characters, especially the people in the community where the crimes are taking place.  Also, beautiful scenery, which is a great component to the series.

If your wife has watched Breaking Bad with you, Better Call Saul, is arguably an even better series (I think it is).

On Netflix, I'd recommend Mindhunter.  The opening scene is jarring, but it is a really well done series.  Stranger Things is more sci-fi than horror, Sick Note is very funny, as is White Gold Longmire is very good as well.  The IT Crowd is hilarious. Hell on Wheels was well done as well.

Narcos and Narcos:Mexico are great, but probably a bit more rough than your wife would like to watch, if Breaking Bad was pushing the envelope. 

On Hulu, DCI Banks is very well done.  I don't use Hulu a great deal, but we got it for a buck a month for being Spotify Premium members.  

I figured the links would help, so I hope this helps.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I loved Boardwalk Empire.  If you've invested alot of time, the payoff is definitely worth it.  

Oh yeah I’m really digging s4 so far too. I forgot Jeffrey Wright joined the cast. He’s such a heavyweight addition to the show. I’m a huge fan of Prohibition era stories.  I love Public Enemies and Live By Night

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

A few thoughts:

You might be a little upset, but people are exaggerating pretty hard.  The journey is fun enough to make it worth taking, regardless of the end.  I loved it up until the last season, then it falls flat.  I watched it through myself, and then rewatched it again, a few years later, with my wife.  If it was as bad as people are saying, I never would've been able to rewatch it, because I don't really like rewatching things, in general.  Just keep enjoying the ride.

• Like 1