What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, jyod21 said:

You might be a little upset, but people are exaggerating pretty hard.  The journey is fun enough to make it worth taking, regardless of the end.  I loved it up until the last season, then it falls flat.  I watched it through myself, and then rewatched it again, a few years later, with my wife.  If it was as bad as people are saying, I never would've been able to rewatch it, because I don't really like rewatching things, in general.  Just keep enjoying the ride.

Yep, this is my attitude towards it. I'm enjoying it.
& honestly the ending can't be as bad as Dexter's finale. That's the only ending that I've ever truly hated.

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yep, this is my attitude towards it. I'm enjoying it.
& honestly the ending can't be as bad as Dexter's finale. That's the only ending that I've ever truly hated.

I think the ending will be better for you just because you missed out on seasons of speculation before hand because you're either binging it or at least watching it at a much faster pace than a lot of us did. You're missing out on the week between episodes discussing the series and making wrong predictions which ultimately built up expectations too high, but I still fondly remember the journey.

I don't know if it's a show I could go back and watch now, TV in general has changed a lot since Lost aired. The story structure is so dated now, but it's something I've thought about doing. I'd recommend The Leftovers if you haven't watched it already. Another Lindelof series where like Lost, the emphasis is on the characters and journey rather than the destination, but it sticks the landing much better IMO. 

• Like 1

Finished the 3rd and final season of Dark on netflix.

What an unbelievable show, from pilot to series finale. 

Holy hell

I think its going to be looked back upon as a cult classis somewhat like Twin Peaks. Its fairly perfect in nearly all aspects of show creating. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Finished the 3rd and final season of Dark on netflix.

What an unbelievable show, from pilot to series finale. 

Holy hell

I'm going to have to go back and start this show over again. I loved season 1 but when season 2 came out I didn't take the time to rewatch season 1, I just jumped right into season 2 and was completely lost because I honestly forgot about a lot that had happened...so after the first episode or 2 I was just like, meh whatever and stopped watching. 

Now that the entire series is on Netflix, I'll have to binge watch soon. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm going to have to go back and start this show over again. I loved season 1 but when season 2 came out I didn't take the time to rewatch season 1, I just jumped right into season 2 and was completely lost because I honestly forgot about a lot that had happened...so after the first episode or 2 I was just like, meh whatever and stopped watching. 

Now that the entire series is on Netflix, I'll have to binge watch soon. 

Same 

- I tried American Gods on Starz/Hulu. Had chores I was doing, so couldn't keep my eye on it, but it didn't really capture me early on. Might try again.

- I'm on season 2 of Brockmire (Hulu). This is my kind of show, the dark humor and self destructive behavior displayed on that show by everyone is like watching a car wreck during a high speed chase; You cannot stop watching, even though you know it's going to end very poorly for everyone. The character development is very well done, you see glimpses of their humanity and moral code buried in their stupidity and vices. Hank Azaria (The Simpsons) and Amanda Peet (The Whole Nine Yards) have excellent chemistry, and Tyrel Jackson Williams (Lab Rats) nails the late bloomer Millennial role perfectly. Random cameos by Joe Buck, Brian Kenny, Tim Kurkjian also add to the baseball backdrop the show puts out there.

I don't know if the show hits a rut anytime soon, but this is an absolutely fantastic show. I wouldn't recommend it to EVERYONE, but it's good for those who can get into darker and raunchy comedy.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

- I tried American Gods on Starz/Hulu. Had chores I was doing, so couldn't keep my eye on it, but it didn't really capture me early on. Might try again.

This is my general feeling on it too. You could probably do without the second attempt. 

• Like 1

Finished Mindhunters last night. It was pretty good. S2 was far better than S1 IMO. Looking forward to the future of the show.

Wife is making me watch Six Feet Under next even though she said I might not like it. Encouraging for a show that's 6 seasons long lol. After that, she's getting my choice which is Band of Brothers. How I've never seen that before is beyond me.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Finished Mindhunters last night. It was pretty good. S2 was far better than S1 IMO. Looking forward to the future of the show.

Wife is making me watch Six Feet Under next even though she said I might not like it. Encouraging for a show that's 6 seasons long lol. After that, she's getting my choice which is Band of Brothers. How I've never seen that before is beyond me.

I thought season 1 was far better than 2. Sadly there are no plans for a third at this moment.