What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 8/8/2020 at 12:39 AM, Dub_City30 said:

Re watching Altered Carbon again, for those who haven’t seen it I highly recommend this show. The first season is an absolute masterpiece. 

The 2nd season sucked. I made it halfway through and just gave the hell up. 

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Question: Is Deputy on Fox the worst primetime show to ever see the light on a major network? 

I'm trying to think of a worse show, surely there has to have been a CBS dud worse than this?

Don't forget all the sitcoms that tried to be Friends after Friends was done.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, INbengalfan said:

Finally finished Dexter.  Great first four-five seasons with the rest good enough, but my goodness, what a cluster-%$#@ of a finale.  You all warned me, but morbid curiosity won out. 

Actually rewatching it again now. Even with the atrocity of an ending, it'll always be a top 5 show for me.

Just finished season 4 and that ending hits me harder than anything Game of Thrones has done to me. 

• Like 2

Sorry, but all network television is trash. 

Name a single solitary network television series from CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox that's worth watching.  That is even on the level of Breaking Bad. 

Go back 10 years if you have to.  A single solitary television series that was high quality that had its premier within the past 10 years ago. 

I don't know why anyone is surprised by crap television anymore.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Name a single solitary network television series from CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox that's worth watching.  That is even on the level of Breaking Bad

Go back 10 years if you have to.  A single solitary television series that was high quality that had its premier within the past 10 years ago. 

That is a high bar to set for network TV. Also, network TV almost solely excels at comedy, which has probably the most variation in opinion as a genre goes. There is quite a way between "crap" tv and Breaking Bad, so I don't know what point you are really trying to make here.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Name a single solitary network television series from CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox that's worth watching.  That is even on the level of Breaking Bad. 

I assume you're leaning more dramas? There's been some good comedies. 

What about Hannibal?

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What about Hannibal?

Look past Mads Mikkelsen.  Hannibal was **** except for a great antagonist and a great actor playing him.

39 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

That is a high bar to set for network TV. Also, network TV almost solely excels at comedy, which has probably the most variation in opinion as a genre goes. There is quite a way between "crap" tv and Breaking Bad, so I don't know what point you are really trying to make here.

It’s network television.  They have the most money and they can’t come close to AMC?

They specifically dumb down their programming.  How many TV shows on network television aren’t procedurals?  What real difference is there from one show to the next?  Network television caters to old farts who can’t keep up with anything other than what is essentially a monster of the week or a disaster of the week or a bad guy of the week.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look past Mads Mikkelsen.  Hannibal was **** except for a great antagonist and a great actor playing him.

Full disclosure, I myself have never seen it. I know a handful of people that have though and enjoyed it so that's why I mentioned it. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s network television.  They have the most money and they can’t come close to AMC?

They specifically dumb down their programming.  How many TV shows on network television aren’t procedurals?  What real difference is there from one show to the next?  Network television caters to old farts who can’t keep up with anything other than what is essentially a monster of the week or a disaster of the week or a bad guy of the week.  

Again though, dramas aren't really a focus of network television for whatever reason. I will say though A Million Little Things and This Is Us are good dramas, just in a different tone than Breaking Bad. Mainly though, you chose Breaking Bad as the bar to reach for network TV, when Breaking Bad is likely (without thinking about formulating my own list) a top 5-10 show all-time.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What about Hannibal?

What good comedies are you referring to?   Comedy is subjective so Im not going to slam anyone for liking something I dont, but I think most comedy that has come out of Hollywood the last 8 years or so has been absolutely insufferable, especially CBS comedies, which are all so formulaic, one-note and dumbed down.    

The only good comedies still running (that Im aware of) is Always Sunny and SOMETIMES South Park.    There may be other comedies Im not aware of, but its gotten so bad that I usually stick to watching older comedies on Hulu.   Sad that alot of comedies today make some of those cheesy 80s sitcoms seem watchable.