What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

With the exception of the Every Country has a Monster song, the new MST3K misses the mark.

The Joel/Mike shows felt get they were really hanging out and commenting on the movie. Although many of the references went over my head, so maybe it was bad, and i dont know it. but anyway...

the new ones jokes are way too rapid fire and the pacing is wrong. feels like they are just ADRing off a script.

imo late Mike episodes are the pinnacle. 

8-9-10 have some of my favorite episodes. Final Sacrifice, Space Mutiny, Horror at Party Beach, Pumaman, Soul Taker, Dr Z, Diabolik. 

The must call it 'The Handmaid's Tale' because if they called it 'Pretension' it would be a little too on the nose.  That said, i'll probably keep watching for now.

I really was astonished at how on the nose the show as a whole is. It just shoves the message down your throat and assumes the worst of its viewers, there is nothing subtle or nuanced at all about its message. I found myself laughing at times.

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Started Away yesterday. Almost have it finished. Pretty good show. 

My wife just finished it herself and she liked it too. Did you see The First with Sean Penn?  It was heavy but I enjoyed it.  I’m curious how they stack up as they’re relatively similar in plot. 

Rewatching Sense8 since I didn't finish it the first time around.  Just too much time between seasons, and then the movies and all that good stuff. Figured it was just better to start all over and re-watch the first season again. 

On this second watch, i kind of have the same opinion...I don't actually know how good it is, but I looooooooooooooove the concept and I love the ambition and scope. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

My wife just finished it herself and she liked it too. Did you see The First with Sean Penn?  It was heavy but I enjoyed it.  I’m curious how they stack up as they’re relatively similar in plot. 

I haven’t yet. Might have to check it out.

I knew absolutely nothing about the show so decided to give it a go while in quarantine for 2 weeks. I finished all 3 seasons of Stranger Things in about 8 days. Overall, the first season was far and away the best one. Second season was okay but had a horrid episode with the British girl with the other power. Third season was pretty good. 

9 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I knew absolutely nothing about the show so decided to give it a go while in quarantine for 2 weeks. I finished all 3 seasons of Stranger Things in about 8 days. Overall, the first season was far and away the best one. Second season was okay but had a horrid episode with the British girl with the other power. Third season was pretty good. 

Yeah, never really understood that episode. My opinions are pretty close to yours. 

Yeah, never really understood that episode. My opinions are pretty close to yours. 

They were going to build on that episode in season 3 I bet but the backlash was soo heavy they just scrapped it. That episode was so bad it almost ruined the entire season for me. Like, it seemed that it was written at the level of high school fan fiction. It was atrocious. 

I muscled through the first season of Handmaid's Tale and started on the 2nd, but i'm taking a break.  It's so convoluted that you can only stomach so much.  Without being political, if anyone tries to say this is what is going to happen if their preferred candidate doesn't win, they should be pointed and laughed at every time they go out in public.  The biggest problem this show has is how contradictory it is with it's storyline and characters doing 180's randomly with no real reason.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Three episodes into The Morning Show. Love it so far but I gotta pass out before I kill the last seven. Don't think I got another seven hours in me lol.

It gets even better as the focus shifts from hiring Reese’s character to the scandal.  Billy Crudup is so freaking good in this too. One of my fave new characters. 

• Like 1