What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

What's it on, and what kind of show is it?  I'm looking for a show to start.  Thinking about Schitt's creek, but I usually don't like binging comedies.

It’s on Netflix. Seven episode mini. It’s about a female chess prodigy on her path to becoming the best. Period piece set in the 50’s/60’s. Probably the best character driven drama that I’ve watched in long time. Has great reviews and is gripping. It’s not long either and each episode has so much variety it never gets boring. Lead actress should win awards. Has just a stellar cast. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s on Netflix. Seven episode mini. It’s about a female chess prodigy on her path to becoming the best. Period piece set in the 50’s/60’s. Probably the best character driven drama that I’ve watched in long time. Has great reviews and is gripping. It’s not long either and each episode has so much variety it never gets boring. Lead actress should win awards. Has just a stellar cast. 

I went ahead and started it, just about through episode one now.

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

How much nudity 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 6:01 PM, lancerman said:

Awesome. Tell me how you are enjoying it once you get around to the middle of the series 

the-queens-gambit-alt-main.jpg

The Queen's Gambit

I wrapped up the series, all in all I think it was more good than great.  I really liked the first couple of episodes and how the premise was set up, and I really liked the final episode, but I think episodes 3-6 were a bit of a slog to get through in terms of the story.  I think this would have made a better feature length film than a limited mini-series, because a whole lot of the middle felt like filler.  My favorite part of the series was probably the score.  It did a great job conveying emotion and mood and there were some seriously good themes throughout.  For the most part the acting was very good with just a few clunky scenes that stood out.  Big ups for Anya Taylor-Joy for pulling off a varied role very well, I won't be surprised if she wins some awards for this.  Most of the attempts at humor fell pretty flat, but granted that this isn't a comedy at all so I won't hold that against it too much.  Not sure if this is something i'll ever watch again, but i'm glad I watched it.  I might see if some of the score is on youtube and rip it to MP3 though, there were definitely some pieces that I'd like to add to my playlist when i'm in the mood for symphonic music.

B+

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why is Cobra Kai so good? So cheesy. I love it. The idea is killer and it works. Kudos to everyone involved.

Character development is also insanely on point. They make you root for and against each character, you can see it from both sides its so well written. 

• Like 1