What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Started watching The Office last night. Have never seen it before. Got about 4 eps in and had quite a few chuckles. Not a huge Steve Carell fan but Dwight, Jim, and Pam are great characters. And Jenna Fischer is easy on the eyes. So prob finish out season 1 and decide if I want to keep going. 

Edited by Shockwave

13 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Started watching The Office last night. Have never seen it before. Got about 4 eps in and had quite a few chuckles. Not a huge Steve Carell fan but Dwight, Jim, and Pam are great characters. And Jenna Fischer is easy on the eyes. So prob finish out season 1 and decide if I want to keep going. 

pretend like season 2 is season 1 in terms of making your decision whether or not to continue. quality is night and day

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I hadn't watched it until it was already over. My gf loves it, so I ended up watching it through her when we started dating years ago. Starts taking off in season 2 and then gets janky in season 8 and probably hangs on a year too long. But it will get better than where you are at now

On 12/16/2020 at 6:48 PM, Malfatron said:

watched most of the Wilds.

i like it a lot.

a good mystery/drama, and things keep getting revealed.

a good watch

I just finished it as well. Felt a little poor man's lost-ish and it took me a few episodes to really give two craps about any of the characters. Some of the girls are straight unlikeable. But it picked up steam mid year

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I just finished it as well. Felt a little poor man's lost-ish and it took me a few episodes to really give two craps about any of the characters. Some of the girls are straight unlikeable. But it picked up steam mid year

i agree it picked up steam.

but imo, its way better than lost, bc lost invalidating their whole show at the end.

I actually liked all of the characters, flawed as they are, and they cast actresses who looked and felt real enough

and i absoutley hated it 15 mins in, so i was pleasently surprised.

i thought it was gonna be like Scream tv series, but it had some weight.

and after a while, i immersed myself and i liked it

17 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The Office and parks and Rec are very similar - rough starts for S1 into Season 2 just opening up and killing it.

20 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I watched an episode or two early on with my kids (teens at the time, now in their 20's), and "The Office" didn't move the needle.  

I decided to sit down to watch it myself, on my own, and really enjoyed it.  I issued this mea culpa to my kids.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to make this public pronouncement. My humble apologies to my kids,

For several years, they've both given me grief, because I've written off "The Office", after sitting down with them to watch a random episode here and there. Steve Carrell was so good at his performance, that I actually found him to be the most annoying character I've ever seen on TV. (OK, except for Barney the Dinosaur.)

In my mind, with my limited exposure to the show, I thought the series should have ended with a Law and Order crossover episode, with Michael Scott slumped over his desk, with a knife in his chest, and everyone in the office looking at the police officers, and saying, "go ahead, figure out which one of us did it."

My son challenged me to sit down, and give it a shot on my own. I've now watched about 10 episodes, and I have to say to my kids, right here, right now......I was wrong. "The Office" is much funnier than I had given it credit for. Again, my humble apologies. I will continue to watch it when I have time, so going forward, you will have to find something else to badger me about. (Don't worry, I think you'll have little trouble with that.)

Now, it is your turn to sit down and start watching M*A*S*H. Lord knows you've given me a ration of crap about watching it.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Shockwave said:

me too! I started watching a couple of months ago and am on Season 8. For me, it's definitely on my top 5 list. Also, I started on Season 2; skipped season 1(it was suggested by more than 1 person). 

I think you should give season 2 (at least a couple of episodes in), since alot of people say that's where the series gets better..