What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 12/19/2020 at 11:05 AM, Ty21 said:

Are any tv shows planting covid into their show? Curious if new seasons of modern themed shows will implement it or pretend it didn’t happen. 

Black-ish writes it in the 1st two or so episodes but then move on... A Million Little things references it once but they only had 4 episodes into the new season (until March)

I wish The Morning Show and The Flight Attendant were offered on more than one streaming service. I have zero interest in signing up for either just to watch one show. But both look interesting and worth a watch. I already have Hulu, Netflix & Amazon Prime (which I've never watched)!? 

1 hour ago, K9 said:

I wish The Morning Show and The Flight Attendant were offered on more than one streaming service. I have zero interest in signing up for either just to watch one show. But both look interesting and worth a watch. I already have Hulu, Netflix & Amazon Prime (which I've never watched)!? 

Personally, hbo is my favorite out of all the streaming services, I think. I have disney/hulu, netflix, Amazon (this is more for actual prime than streaming) and hbo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Personally, hbo is my favorite out of all the streaming services, I think. I have disney/hulu, netflix, Amazon (this is more for actual prime than streaming) and hbo

I'll have to see what other shows HBO has. If there are others, I might give it a go. I do believe that they have older shows on there as well. 

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Check out The Boys

mmmm... the overview: 

"What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers? When it's the powerless against the super powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets."

I like the bold part above But I'll be honest, I'm not a 'Superhero' show kind of person. I've never seen any of the movies or shows: Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, etc (I can't even name the others, LoL). That said, I like the concept of when they go bad!? I might put a pin on it and see if I feel like giving it a go...  Thanks for the suggestion!!

2 minutes ago, K9 said:

mmmm... the overview: 

"What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers? When it's the powerless against the super powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets."

I like the bold part above But I'll be honest, I'm not a 'Superhero' show kind of person. I've never seen any of the movies or shows: Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, etc (I can't even name the others, LoL). That said, I like the concept of when they go bad!? I might put a pin on it and see if I feel like giving it a go...  Thanks for the suggestion!!

If you arent a superhero guy.....

thats the point :)

the protagonists arent big fans either

(also this is nothing like marvel/dc)

really great writing, acting, and grounded in the real world.

watch 1 episode and say im wrong.

Edited by Malfatron

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

If you arent a superhero guy.....

thats the point :)

the protagonists arent big fans either

LoL, I got that point :) I should've have written that better. Not a superhero person as in, they seem so whimsical and a bit dramatic (whether good or evil). But honestly, I might try it out sometime.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, K9 said:

LoL, I got that point :) I should've have written that better. Not a superhero person as in, they seem so whimsical and a bit dramatic (whether good or evil). But honestly, I might try it out sometime.  

Its really good writing though, and parts are fairly heavily.

just watch it. you will thank me

• Like 1

6 hours ago, K9 said:

i started this tonight off the strength of Stefano Sollima directing Sicario 2. He’s the showrunner/director and it’s of similar tone  and quality.  I’m 2 episodes in and I’m loving it. If you like movies like Sicario and Zero Dark Thirty, give the pilot a chance. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thrILL! said:

i started this tonight off the strength of Stefano Sollima directing Sicario 2. He’s the showrunner/director and it’s of similar tone  and quality.  I’m 2 episodes in and I’m loving it. If you like movies like Sicario and Zero Dark Thirty, give the pilot a chance. 

oh my, so intense!! haha   ... might be a bit much for me! But Thank you for the suggestion :) 

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I watched the first 2 episodes last night.  I like even more than Ozark or Homeland.

Honestly, not too big on drama shows...The Wire, Sopranos and A Million Little Things are the only dramas I can think of, that I watch or have really gotten into.

Ozark has had a lot of praise though, so might add that too. From the overview, it doesn't seem to be too over the top.