What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I started watching Kenny vs Spenny on YouTube after reading y’alls posts. I think the show is another Mandela affect creation since I never heard of it before. But it’s pretty great so far. Feel like impractical jokers ripped off their concept. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I started watching Kenny vs Spenny on YouTube after reading y’alls posts. I think the show is another Mandela affect creation since I never heard of it before. But it’s pretty great so far. Feel like impractical jokers ripped off their concept. 

Except Impractical Jokers guys are actually funny.

I think what is really hurting HBO Max is that $14.99/month price tag.  I know it's not that dissimilar to what Netflix charges nowadays, but Netflix built up their brand loyalty over years to get to that point.  If they were smart, they'd cut their price to $9.99/month and gradually increase back to $14.99 over the next 5-8 years.  I think it would massively increase their subscription rate.  Otherwise, they are going to need another cultural phenomenon show to get the numbers they want, and I don't see that on the horizon yet.  I read an article the other day about how they lost over half their 18-35 subscribers after Game of Thrones ended.

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think what is really hurting HBO Max is that $14.99/month price tag.  I know it's not that dissimilar to what Netflix charges nowadays, but Netflix built up their brand loyalty over years to get to that point.  If they were smart, they'd cut their price to $9.99/month and gradually increase back to $14.99 over the next 5-8 years.  I think it would massively increase their subscription rate.  Otherwise, they are going to need another cultural phenomenon show to get the numbers they want, and I don't see that on the horizon yet.  I read an article the other day about how they lost over half their 18-35 subscribers after Game of Thrones ended.

Succession is so good though

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Succession is so good though

yea but it isnt bringing new subs in. It's a great show but it doesn't have wide appeal. Those who would enjoy that show are already subbed to HBOmax. IMO HBO has only had two shows that truly were transcendent and they are The Sopranos and Game of Thrones.  

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea but it isnt bringing new subs in. It's a great show but it doesn't have wide appeal. Those who would enjoy that show are already subbed to HBOmax. IMO HBO has only had two shows that truly were transcendent and they are The Sopranos and Game of Thrones.  

But what about Girls 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Just finished the short Netflix series The Night Stalker good Holy **** how have I never heard about this sick serial killer. It was a good series that got me hooked immediately.

He was one of the creepier ones growing up. Living less than an hour near Jeffrey Dahmer freaked me out as a kid too.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

He was one of the creepier ones growing up. Living less than an house near Jeffrey Dahmer freaked me out as a kid too.

Not only did my uncle live in the same neighborhood as Dahmer, he was approached by John Wayne Gacy lol. Dude had no idea who the guy in the car was until Gacy got arrested. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not only did my uncle live in the same neighborhood as Dahmer, he was approached by John Wayne Gacy lol. Dude had no idea who the guy in the car was until Gacy got arrested. 

Even though they are dead that would still bother me.