What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

The Orville

Kinda pissed that Halston Sage left to go do the sister role in Prodigal Son. She was one of the best characters on the show and they put all that time into her character only for her to dip out 3 episodes into season 2. I loathe Jessica Szohr and she was her replacement. I haven't started the episode that Szohr joins the show yet but I'm already dreading it.

As much as you and I are on the same page here, I dare say the show actually continues to get better post Sage. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, thrILL! said:

The Sopranos rewatch continues in s2. Forgot how much I hated Richie Aprile lol. 

On that sopranos podcast thing that Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa do on YT, they talked about how they were looking for an imposing figure rival to Tony(James Gandolfini). They wanted someone who could match him in terms of presence. In the end though, little 5'7 David Proval was the only one who they felt brought that kind of energy.

• Like 1

Starting Wayward Pines finally after finishing the books. Super excited about it but it’ll probably suck since it’s a Fox show and got cancelled early and got bad S2 reviews. At the very least it’ll flesh out the scene better. 

Wayward Pines isn’t great but I’m taking it for what it is. The casting was pretty decent, I can see the characters being the actors playing them. Writing isn’t great. Matt Dillon is so doofy but is borderline how I pictured Ethan Burke. The writer wasn’t a big fan of season two but I just started it and just on paper the idea that deviates from the books is interesting. I feel kinda like in the last book at several points he wrapped up parts just to wrap them up 

On 1/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, DreamKid said:

On that sopranos podcast thing that Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa do on YT, they talked about how they were looking for an imposing figure rival to Tony(James Gandolfini). They wanted someone who could match him in terms of presence. In the end though, little 5'7 David Proval was the only one who they felt brought that kind of energy.

I'll have to check out that podcast.  I'd love to hear Imperioli talk about the s2 episode that he wrote where Christopher was in the hospital.  

24 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I'll have to check out that podcast.  I'd love to hear Imperioli talk about the s2 episode that he wrote where Christopher was in the hospital.  

Yea they definitely get into all that, and the writing process at large for the show. Million stories about the actor who plays Paulie too 😆. Some stuff might alter how you take in the show for future viewings though. Which always happen when you peel back the curtains on a production, so just be forewarned. What they revealed they did to get James Gandolfini to laugh in a scene from 'Pine Barrens' will now forever stay with me lol.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea they definitely get into all that, and the writing process at large for the show. Million stories about the actor who plays Paulie too 😆. Some stuff might alter how you take in the show for future viewings though. Which always happen when you peel back the curtains on a production, so just be forewarned. What they revealed they did to get James Gandolfini to laugh in a scene from 'Pine Barrens' will now forever stay with me lol.

I'm a sucker for behind the scenes content.  I love watching as many featurettes on movies and shows as I can and I love a good commentary track.

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

I'm a sucker for behind the scenes content.  I love watching as many featurettes on movies and shows as I can and I love a good commentary track.

Same. I loved when the later 2000s Movies started dropping Easter Eggs in their DVDs and Commentaries too. Like if you stayed in the Harold & Kumar Menu for a long enough time you'd get a message from the actor who plays Kumar saying "Dude it's been like 4 hours now, what the F&*k are you going, play something". And on the Cabin Fever DVD a 'bed' scene would start playing with that Park Ranger guy.

It's so easy to find Movies online now but commentary tracks and other special features are few and far between. 

• Like 1