What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Just started the Wire.  Had seen eps here and there at a friends years ago.  This show is still gold.  Almost through season 1 in three days (snow day helped)

Also dabbling in Agents of Shield.  it's ok, but no way I binge 160 episodes.  If someone has recommendations of specific seasons or episode stretches, I'd love it.  I've heard Silver Surfer is in there somewhere, and that should be easy to find.  Other plotlines appreciated as well.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, Shockwave said:

I'm addicted to Battlebots. Even subscribed to Discovery+ so I can watch the bounty hunter version of the show

This sounds intriguing, and im gonna imagine bounty bots sneak attacking other bots that are just out for a leisurely romp around the park

24 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

This sounds intriguing, and im gonna imagine bounty bots sneak attacking other bots that are just out for a leisurely romp around the park

the new version has so much god damn talking like a network show where they give you 5 minutes of "backstory" for the everyone involved

On 2/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, INbengalfan said:

Also dabbling in Agents of Shield.  it's ok, but no way I binge 160 episodes.  If someone has recommendations of specific seasons or episode stretches, I'd love it.  I've heard Silver Surfer is in there somewhere, and that should be easy to find.  Other plotlines appreciated as well.

The first half of season one isn't that good tbh. After that halfway-ish mark though it gets a lot better. You have to remember that they were keeping pace with movie storylines up until the snap, and referenced them at several points.

Silver Surfer isn't in it. Maybe you mean Ghost Rider? I thought they did him well. Lady Sif from Thor is in it and I believe there's some other cameos/guest appearances that I'm just not thinking of.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The first half of season one isn't that good tbh. After that halfway-ish mark though it gets a lot better. You have to remember that they were keeping pace with movie storylines up until the snap, and referenced them at several points.

Silver Surfer isn't in it. Maybe you mean Ghost Rider? I thought they did him well. Lady Sif from Thor is in it and I believe there's some other cameos/guest appearances that I'm just not thinking of.

I guess Ghost Rider.  Someone told me SS was in it.

What’s with the trend of stories that could be told in one 1.5 hour documentary being spliced up and made into excruciatingly long limited series. I don’t want to watch 4 hour long episodes about Aaron Hernandez or the night stalker 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:48 PM, skywindO2 said:

Almost finished The Expanse (season 3) right now. There's so many things wrong with this show but I still love it. 

Not sure if I'll ever get around to it but I'd like to read the books some time. 

SPOILERS! 

Humanity finally found the Mass Relay! /s

Edited by skywindO2

On 2/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, Ty21 said:

What’s with the trend of stories that could be told in one 1.5 hour documentary being spliced up and made into excruciatingly long limited series. I don’t want to watch 4 hour long episodes about Aaron Hernandez or the night stalker 

The never ending hunger for content from all these streaming services. 

Edited by THE DUKE

So I finally finished GoT last night and loved the series. I remember a lot of people were upset with season 8 and I don’t understand why? What was with season 8 that made people so unbelievably upset?

The ONLY thing I’m pretty upset about is the show taking away the Bolton’s and Ramsay’s demise from us. Ramsay was such a hated character you can’t just skip over that battle imo. 

But man did they do a good job with the dragons in the show. 

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

So I finally finished GoT last night and loved the series. I remember a lot of people were upset with season 8 and I don’t understand why? What was with season 8 that made people so unbelievably upset?

The ONLY thing I’m pretty upset about is the show taking away the Bolton’s and Ramsay’s demise from us. Ramsay was such a hated character you can’t just skip over that battle imo. 

But man did they do a good job with the dragons in the show. 

A lot for things were just rushed. Bran being chosen as king after saying he couldn’t be king was dumb. I agreed with Jon killing Dany but the way they had her go crazy was also dumb. Also his parentage ended up being useless.

Arya killing the NK after hyping him up for so long only to die like a idiot while the white walkers just stood there, also did nothing for 8 seasons. 

The way they killed Jamie and Cersei, having them get buried by a collapsing  ceiling but then somehow Tyrion in just able to walk under the tower and you only see them covered by a pile of bricks lol.

the list goes on

• Like 1