What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

So I finally got around to starting SEAL Team, and so far I have to say, most of the show is pretty good. The only thing I have a real problem with is some of the action is just blatantly lazy.

For example, there's a scene in the first couple of episodes where the main character is going to neutralize a dude holding a hostage inside of a cargo ship room. He rappels off the side of the ship and shoots the guy through a window, BUT THERE'S NO FREAKING BULLET HOLE IN THE WINDOW AFTER HE SHOOTS THE GUY. THE WINDOW IS COMPLETELY THE SAME.

In another episode later on, they have to bypass some Russian SPEC OPS guys, so they all decide they're gonna toss all their flashbangs/thermite grenades to blind the other dudes and then run through it. Well, during the scene there's like 50 explosions while they're all running and it only shows them throw ONE grenade a piece (which is 5 people). 

Those are my only gripes so far, but it's only season 1 so I'm hoping the characters/action gets a little more tuned up as the show progresses. 

So glad the cancel culture world is finally moving on from Louis CK and he’s finally regaining some semblance of his comedy career. Louie was one of my favorite dramatic comedy/tv shows in general ever and I hope he’s soon able to be back in the spotlight again. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I just tried watching The Office again... for the third time. It's just not appealing to me at all. I never laugh and think it's just dumb. FWIW, I turned it on Hancock and started laughing at that when applicable. I guess I just like actually funny things.

I love laughing at applicable things 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

So glad the cancel culture world is finally moving on from Louis CK and he’s finally regaining some semblance of his comedy career. Louie was one of my favorite dramatic comedy/tv shows in general ever and I hope he’s soon able to be back in the spotlight again. 

Next is Aziz please. He didn't even do anything wrong. Even the most vocal metoo advocates defended him. 

Entourage is kind of weird. Vince has the highest grossing movie of all time, with him in the lead role as Aquaman. Then he's constantly pursuing the Pablo Escobar movie "Medellin", which he eventually gets and watches bomb horribly.

After that his only bankable lead offer is to do a "Benji" film which he turns down to take a supporting role in the firefighter film "Smoke Jumpers". The latter opportunity eventually falls apart because of the director's insanity, and Vince is left broke and apparently option less. 

He's back home and can't even get auditions- despite literally starring in the highest grossing film of all time like a year and a half prior. That seems very odd to me. Even odder is how he goes from this seemingly career/life low abyss into a lead role in Martin Scorsese's "The Great Gatsby". Which was facilitated by his friend/agent sending dailies from the failed fire fighter movie to Gus Van Sant who then showed them to Marty. 

I know Entourage is just a goofy comedy but boy are some of Vince's Arcs poorly reasoned.  

Been watching Handmaids Tale after a coworker said something about it. Never even considered watching it cause I thought it was some medieval catholic story about maids or something lame but it’s actually pretty neat so far. Definitely the most structured post apocalyptic dystopian world I’ve seen. 

Just now, Ty21 said:

Been watching Handmaids Tale after a coworker said something about it. Never even considered watching it cause I thought it was some medieval catholic story about maids or something lame but it’s actually pretty neat so far. Definitely the most structured post apocalyptic dystopian world I’ve seen. 

I also don’t want to live in a world where women don’t even moan 

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I also don’t want to live in a world where women don’t even moan 

It is pretty wild though. The past misogynistic/patriarchal world shown in a modern light. It’s kinda jarring