What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, not entirely sure i'll watch season 2, there are no stakes, no real reasoning for most of it, and pretty basic storytelling.  I probably will, even if it's just something on while I work, but i'm not expecting much

Season 2 is an improvement. The interpersonal relationships get more complicated and there is actually something to root for. 

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Between this and The Nevers, HBO is killing it right now.  Mare could very easily have been s4 of True Detective.  It has a very similar tone esp to s3 of TD.

Is The Nevers worth watching? Fiancé and I are trying to find more new shows to watch. 

54 minutes ago, D82 said:

Is The Nevers worth watching? Fiancé and I are trying to find more new shows to watch. 

I’m really enjoying it.  It’s a fresh take on superhumans as it’s also a period piece. The lead actors are all fantastic and there’s excellent characterization.  Tbh I didn’t even know Whedon was involved until the end credits of the pilot. I’d imagine his involvement prolly has a lot of ppl ambivalent about the series. 

Edited by thrILL!
Sp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Mare of Easttown has been solid. Hate episodic releases tho, wanted to binge that ish last night. Love that Evan Peters has a whole *** Sam Rockwell vibe going in this too. 

I didn't think I'd enjoy him in something like this, but honestly I've really enjoyed his character. He and Kate play off one another really well, too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D82 said:

I didn't think I'd enjoy him in something like this, but honestly I've really enjoyed his character. He and Kate play off one another really well, too. 

I love Evan Peters so when I saw he was in it, I was in. But, seriously, he's doing his best Sam Rockwell impression with this one. It's uncanny.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Mare of Easttown has been solid. Hate episodic releases tho, wanted to binge that ish last night. Love that Evan Peters has a whole *** Sam Rockwell vibe going in this too. 

Same. I watched all the available episodes yesterday and now I'm like, hold up....I have to wait for the next ones? What the heck is that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D82 said:

It's actually disorienting for me to see him so normal right now lol

On paper, Into the Badlands should be something I love:

- Crazy look into a bleak future.

- Crazy martial arts scenes with a bunch of swords and stuff.

- Politically driven characters with double crosses abound.

- Banging score, co-produced by Mike Shinoda (I'm an LP fan...)

But for the life of me... I can't get into this show. I find myself ignoring the show, getting distracted (even when I'm not busy) looking up and thinking "hmm, a lot has happened since I last looked up..." I've tried this show 3-4 times and the same thing takes place.

I've sort of made halfway through S2, I might just let it run in the background and take note when something interesting happens.

(I do think Daniel Wu would be a fantastic addition to Warrior).