What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think there is only 1 episode left.  Things are just sort of falling into place a little too easily now after a whole lot of red herrings earlier on.

Yeah I agree.  There were some outstanding scenes and some stellar acting (esp by Kate) but it felt really paint by numbers.  When Grandpa Ross said "I need to tell you something..." it set the tone for the entire episode's writing.  Looking fwd to seeing how they close it out tho.

Is it just me or is The Witcher really poorly done? I love the idea, and the acting, but cannot understand the story. Are there multiple story lines across multiple decades? I honestly don’t know. If not, none of this makes sense to me. And if so, they really did this poorly because it doesn’t tie together. 

I played the opening few hours of The Witcher 3 a few times (just never got into it), and this is my second time watching the show, but i still don’t fully understand the. 

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Is it just me or is The Witcher really poorly done? I love the idea, and the acting, but cannot understand the story. Are there multiple story lines across multiple decades? I honestly don’t know. If not, none of this makes sense to me. And if so, they really did this poorly because it doesn’t tie together. 

I played the opening few hours of The Witcher 3 a few times (just never got into it), and this is my second time watching the show, but i still don’t fully understand the. 

The Witcher show storyline is a hard follow, because the viewpoints are from both Geralt's and Ciri's points of view and start at different points in time, but the show doesn't really let you know that and by the time you figure it out , youre like "what the hell is happening?"    The timelines and stories converge towards the end of the season, but it wasnt done extremely well.

That being said, after watching it again, it made more sense and I enjoyed season 1...but I hope season 2 is more straight forward with its storytelling.

Witcher 3 is easy to follow, but there is SOOOOO much to do and so many incredible side stories that its easy to lose focus of the main story.   On top of that, if you didnt play the previous Witchers, there are certain things that can be confusing, like certain characters and stories that are continued.   I only played Witcher 3 and it didn't bother me...but I was confused about some things.

• Like 1

The Witcher season 1 was kind of less than the sum of it's parts.  I thought Cavill was great, but the storyline was pretty choppy, not even just because of the multiple timelines.  I kind of get what they were going for about Geralt and Ciri and fate and converging at that moment, but like was said above, poor direction.  I'm hoping they clean it up for season 2, because the show still has a lot of promise, and Cavill kicks major *** in the role.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The Witcher season 1 was kind of less than the sum of it's parts.  I thought Cavill was great, but the storyline was pretty choppy, not even just because of the multiple timelines.  I kind of get what they were going for about Geralt and Ciri and fate and converging at that moment, but like was said above, poor direction.  I'm hoping they clean it up for season 2, because the show still has a lot of promise, and Cavill kicks major *** in the role.

The showrunner, Lauren Hissrich, says she really took to fan's comments and suggestions for ideas for improvement. Hopefully it takes. 

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Witcher 3 is easy to follow, but there is SOOOOO much to do and so many incredible side stories that its easy to lose focus of the main story.   On top of that, if you didnt play the previous Witchers, there are certain things that can be confusing, like certain characters and stories that are continued.   I only played Witcher 3 and it didn't bother me...but I was confused about some things.

I think for me the issue with Witcher 3 was just the gameplay. I loved the story/world/characters, but the fighting mechanics felt really bad to me, and I didn't want to research what type of swords and potions to use for every monster. Also the framerate on OG PS4 was really bad.

Once the PS5 upgrade is released I'll give it another try. Maybe just on the easiest difficulty so I can experience the story without worrying about combat.

Friends Reunion was fun to watch for fans of the show.  It was very similar to how the Fresh Prince reunion was done (same network go figure).  I could've gone without all the worldwide testimonials from fans but I just ffwd thru that part.  The guests and cameos were very brief and well done.  The structure made it enjoyable to watch and it was nice to see everyone enjoy the show's success together.  I might have to give Friends a rewatch after I finish up Happy Endings.  Chandler Bing is just too damn funny.

Finished season 2 of Schitt's Creek this afternoon. Definitely better than season 1 and a pretty decent show so far imo. My biggest complaint so far is that Alexis' facial expressions are a bit over the top for me. But I've also known people that did similar so I can't hate on it too much. Looking forward to starting season 3 tomorrow.

I also finished watching The Watchman this evening. Not as great as the first watch through, but still a really good show.

Just started watching For All Mankind and I'm hooked after just the first episode. I'm a sucker for space and history/alt-history stuff so this is right up my alley. Needed a new show with Mare of Easttown ended Sunday. I wanna keep watching but I should probably rack out.

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Finished season 2 of Schitt's Creek this afternoon. Definitely better than season 1 and a pretty decent show so far imo. My biggest complaint so far is that Alexis' facial expressions are a bit over the top for me. But I've also known people that did similar so I can't hate on it too much. Looking forward to starting season 3 tomorrow.

I also finished watching The Watchman this evening. Not as great as the first watch through, but still a really good show.

giphy.gif 

23 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just started watching For All Mankind and I'm hooked after just the first episode. I'm a sucker for space and history/alt-history stuff so this is right up my alley. Needed a new show with Mare of Easttown ended Sunday. I wanna keep watching but I should probably rack out.

This show is awesome. And I may or may not have drunk cried when they dedicated episodes to fallen astronauts (female) that they wrote into the script for the alt-history portion. 

Spoiler

The "I'm going to the moon" from Cobb at the end of episode 4 had me balling my eyes out knowing that "Jerrie" Cobb never got that chance. The writers of this show are exceptional.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, thrILL! said:

Friends Reunion was fun to watch for fans of the show.  It was very similar to how the Fresh Prince reunion was done (same network go figure).  I could've gone without all the worldwide testimonials from fans but I just ffwd thru that part.  The guests and cameos were very brief and well done.  The structure made it enjoyable to watch and it was nice to see everyone enjoy the show's success together.  I might have to give Friends a rewatch after I finish up Happy Endings.  Chandler Bing is just too damn funny.

Just watched that and for someone who was only a casual fan I cried a lot LOL.

I may have to rewatch as well.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Watched panic on Amazon. 

Completely ludicrous, preposterous, and I figured it out about 3 episodes before the end.

Entertainment wise it was okay I guess, but not really a memorable show or all that strong

thanks, it was on my maybe pile so ill throw onto my skip it 

• Like 1