What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 6/3/2021 at 5:07 AM, MikeT14 said:

I guess the help can start by telling me what service it is on ;)

FX. Such a great show. I'm really shocked more here don't watch it. Such a man's man show. I'm curious if im overrating it or if other's feel as strongly about it.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:16 AM, thrILL! said:

Mare of Easttown finale 

Hide contents

The first 30 mins focusing on great  characterization (and the emotional fallout following John’s arrest) instead of the reliance on twists was fantastic.  tbh I would’ve preferred the entire episode dealing with that instead of inserting a final twist.  The biggest problem is how this was revealed resorted to lazy writing again by having a character drop new & vital information with such ease (in this case tied to Glenn Carroll now having dementia? And to make it worse he even says he noticed 2 rounds were missing? 🤦🏻‍♂️).  I would have rather the kid Ryan just fold under all that pressure and reveal the burden he’s carrying than just awkwardly stumbling into this information).

That being said, the acting was off the charts good.  The way Mare’s voice buckled when calling in Ryan being wanted for a murder investigation just breaks your heart bcuz not only is his family close friends with hers, but she’s a mother who lost her son too.  Stellar acting all around in a very satisfying finale.  I’d still rank seasons 1 & 3 of True Detective ahead of Mare but it’s an excellent addition to the TV genre.

I thought it was great, but i think id rank the night of, the outsider and sharp objects slightly above it.  The latter being debatable.

35 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I thought it was great, but i think id rank the night of, the outsider and sharp objects slightly above it.  The latter being debatable.

The Night Of  is very slept on show and also a great example of the single season format.  I might have to watch that again this summer.  I haven’t seen Sharp Objects and I couldn’t get past the pilot of The Outsider.  

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

The Night Of  is very slept on show and also a great example of the single season format.  I might have to watch that again this summer.  I haven’t seen Sharp Objects and I couldn’t get past the pilot of The Outsider.  

Really? The Outsider imo was so good. Only negative was not enough Bateman. 

Moral of the story.. HBO is king.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Really? The Outsider imo was so good. Only negative was not enough Bateman. 

Moral of the story.. HBO is king.

Bateman’s limited role certainly didn’t help but the supernatural angle didn’t do it for me.