What TV Show Are You Watching?

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It's on HBO Max.  I think i'm going to give The Pacific another go.  I watched the first episode back when it first came out, but never got to the rest of the series.  That first episode just didn't grab me like Band of Brothers did.

I love band of brothers. I go through it a couple times a year. Couldn’t get into the pacific the one time I tried, in part cause BoB was a masterpiece and in part cause in the pacific they were all kinda crazy marines laughing as they killed the enemy, unlike BoB when it was just a bunch of young scared adults just trying to stay alive 

I got paramount plus to watch a quiet place 2 but started watching Bar Rescue on it. As someone that works in a (higher end/non bar rescue lol) bar it’s pretty neat seeing these bars improved and stuff but my god the people working in them are like the scum of the earth lol. Kinda losing any affection for humanity watching it 

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I got paramount plus to watch a quiet place 2 but started watching Bar Rescue on it. As someone that works in a (higher end/non bar rescue lol) bar it’s pretty neat seeing these bars improved and stuff but my god the people working in them are like the scum of the earth lol. Kinda losing any affection for humanity watching it 

The Pirate Bar is the best/cringiest thing, have you watched it yet?

9 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I’ll have to check it out. I watched one where the manager has a speech impediment and is going blind and the one where he refused to help a bar lol

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I use to watch bar rescue all the time, but don’t care for it anymore. Also a girl I use to work with was it that show.

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol Bar Rescue is beyond staged. They did one on a bar in Milwaukee and I was like "yeah, that doesn't happen there," the entire episode.

All of those "renovation" type shows, be it a house, restaurant, bar, or whatever are beyond staged.  More often than not the story involved is almost purely fiction.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

All of those "renovation" type shows, be it a house, restaurant, bar, or whatever are beyond staged.  More often than not the story involved is almost purely fiction.

Robert Irvine would like a word with you

• Like 1

Most of the way through season 2 of Barry, and after a strong first 3-4 episodes of season 1 it's been steadily going downhill since then.  Hopefully the last couple of episodes can tie it together a little better.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I need a show that is as good as Yellowstone, The Ozarks, The Warrior, and Mare of Eastown. What other recent shows exist that are like these shows?

Atlanta

Big Little Lies

Sharp Objects

The Leftovers

• Like 1
20 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I enjoyed the idea that a bar that is pirate themed with a bunch of people that think they’re pirates would be for a renovated bar called corporate bar and grill lol 

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol Bar Rescue is beyond staged. They did one on a bar in Milwaukee and I was like "yeah, that doesn't happen there," the entire episode.

Next you’ll tell me Criss angel is a phony