What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 7/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, TENINCH said:

A spin off for his sister would have been cool. Would have watched it. Bring back She-Ra. Would have loved it. Don't kill He-Man in the first episode (or at all) and expect to not get crapped on. 

No one watched She Ra.   Thats why they they essentially decided to hijack He Man.

I wouldn't care as much if they were upfront about it.   After all, Im used to Hollywood taking hot steamy dumps on classic franchises these days. 

Instead, they released a trailer that gave fans hope, and Kevin Smith promised it would stay true to the original series (which he was SUPPOSEDLY a fan of)....and then pulled a Last of Us 2 bait and switch, and killed the character everyone wanted in favor of pushing an unlikeable version of Teela that was nothing like her character from the show.    From a strong likeable female protagonist to a whiny, self centered Mary Sue.

Nice work, Mr Smith.   Nice work.   About on par with your last 20 years of trash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

No one watched She Ra.   Thats why they they essentially decided to hijack He Man.

I wouldn't care as much if they were upfront about it.   After all, Im used to Hollywood taking hot steamy dumps on classic franchises these days. 

Instead, they released a trailer that gave fans hope, and Kevin Smith promised it would stay true to the original series (which he was SUPPOSEDLY a fan of)....and then pulled a Last of Us 2 bait and switch, and killed the character everyone wanted in favor of pushing an unlikeable version of Teela that was nothing like her character from the show.    From a strong likeable female protagonist to a whiny, self centered Mary Sue.

Nice work, Mr Smith.   Nice work.   About on par with your last 20 years of trash.

False I watched She-Ra and her battle with the Horde. ☺️

• Like 1

Halfway through season 2 of Outter Banks. While it’s still a decent show, just hate how every time the show try’s to progress a little there’s also a issue that comes up, and then another, and another…..After trying to kidnap someone.

“I know he must have it, he ran so that proves it”

So stupid

reminds me of the later seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

Edited by Fresh Prince

Come on though..

Spoiler

Skeletor becoming the Master of the Universe

at the end was damn awesome... my mouth dropped. I really liked the entire series. The animation was absolutely top notch, and Kevin Smith attempted to take a more out of the box approach to the series. It was a continuation of the 80's cartoon not a reboot.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, TakeTheBallDeep said:
On 7/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, TENINCH said:

I need a show that is as good as Yellowstone, The Ozarks, The Warrior, and Mare of Eastown. What other recent shows exist that are like these shows?

The Killing is very underrated IMO also check out Mindhunter 

Definitely will agree with Mindhunter. A masterpiece all around, absolutely great show. 

Spoiler

Really wish they kept it for future seasons, the buildup towards BTK was getting intense.

S1 of The Killing is good, S2 is a disaster, S3 is incredible, and S4 was a drag that I never finished. Just a very inconsistent show.

Spoiler

The backdrop of the Seattle runaway scene made S3 phenomenal, IMO.

Joel Kinneman was pretty solid through and through, Mireille Enos was really good - but it's never a show that exceeded expectations.

As far as the original question - I'm starting up Your Honor on Showtime, and the first episode was outstanding. Can't wait to watch more.

15 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Been rewatching a little Arrested Development here and there. On season 2. Legendary show.

Just be sure to stop after the season 3 finale.   Season 4 is okay, but not the same.   Season 5 is trash.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Yeah I never made it all the way through those and just went back to the original run instead.

Season 1 through 3 of Arrested Development is a masterclass of comedy.   Layers and layers to almost every joke, and the perfect cast for every role, big and small.   

Shame the original run was so short.   I feel like seasons 4 and 5 couldve been awesome if done back then with all the same writers and comedic flow they had.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 8:07 AM, 43M said:

Lena Headey was perfect casting as Evil-Lyn but they lost me with SMG as Teela. She was awful and to be the main character?  That was as far away from good casting as you can possibly get. lol